The Performance Dashboard provides instructors with a window into all types of user activity in a course or organization. All users enrolled in the course are listed, with pertinent information about each user's progress and activity in the course.
When enabled for a course, the Performance Dashboard appears under Evaluation in the Course Menu. The Performance Dashboard is available in the Original Course View only.
The Performance Dashboard displays all types of user activity in your course or organization. All users enrolled in your course are listed, including instructors, students, teaching assistants, graders, observers, and guests. Pertinent information about each user's progress and activity appear.
Control Panel > Evaluation > Performance Dashboard
The Performance Dashboard page displays a summary of course information:
- Last Name, First Name, and Username: Displays the users' names and the usernames they use to log in to Blackboard Learn.
- Role: Displays users' defined roles within your course. Examples of roles include instructor, student, grader, teaching assistant, guest, and observer. A user can have one role in your course and a different role in another course.
- Last Course Access: Displays the date and time when a user last accessed your course.
- Days Since Last Course Access: Displays the number of days that have elapsed since the last time a user accessed your course.
- Review Status: Displays how many items have been reviewed. For a detailed view, select the number shown. If the review status tool hasn't been enabled for your course, this column doesn't appear.
- Adaptive Release: Displayed only if adaptive release is enabled in your course. Select the icon to open a new window that shows a directory tree overview of the entire course relative to a user and the access status.
- Discussion Board: Displayed only if the discussion board is enabled in your course. Select a number link to open the Discussion Board page that lists all of the selected user's discussion posts in your course.
- Customize Retention Center: Displayed only if the Retention Center tool is enabled in your course. This column shows the number of triggered rules and the number of total rules that may trigger a warning. For example, 2/6 means a user has triggered 2 rules out of 6 total. Select the data in this column to display a page that shows the Retention Center status for the user.
- View Grades: Displayed only if the Grade Center is enabled. This column provides direct links to the Full Grade Center.
You can select Print to open the page in a new window in a printer-friendly format. You can sort columns as needed.
The numbers in the Review Status column show the number of items that a student has marked as Reviewed. The Review Status column is only visible if the review status tool has been enabled for your course.
When you enable review status, you create a track for students to progress through. Each student may have a different requirement to mark certain items in your course as Reviewed. At any time, items in a student's track may or may not be visible to that student. The Performance Dashboard provides an at-this-moment view of the item availability and a student's progress on review requirement.
The Review Status number for each student links to a list of the items that a student sees as Reviewed and Mark Reviewed in your course.
When you customize the release of content, you create a course that's more interactive and tailored to the needs of individual students. In the Original Course View, you can use adaptive release to show the appropriate content, to select individuals, at the appropriate time.
In the Performance Dashboard, the adaptive release indicator for each user opens a tree view of the course menu and shows all items in your course. Icons show the visibility of an item to that user. An icon also shows the review status of any items with a review requirement, if applicable.
The Adaptive Release column is only visible if adaptive release has been enabled for your course.
|Adaptive Release and Review Status Icons|
|Visible: This item is visible to that user.|
|Invisible: This item isn't visible to that user.|
|Reviewed: This item has been marked as Reviewed by the user.|
|Mark Reviewed: This item is displayed as Mark Reviewed to the user, but hasn't yet been marked as reviewed.|
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Performance dashboard overview provides an overview of the performance dashboard.