Editor toolbar keyboard shortcuts
The editor supports keyboard shortcuts for Windows and Macs.
- To use your keyboard to jump to the editor toolbar, press Alt + F10. On a Mac, press Fn + OPT + F10. The focus is placed on the first icon on the left in the top row. Use the right and left arrow keys to move forward and backward. The up and down arrows don't work to navigate to different rows. Use the arrow keys to move to the end of one row and then up or down to the next available row.
- To select an icon on the toolbar, press Enter. You're placed back in the editing window.
- To go back to the toolbar, use the same keyboard shortcuts: Alt + F10 or Fn + OPT + F10 (Mac). The focus lands on the last icon you accessed.
- Use the Tab key to leave the editor and move to the next field on the page.
- Use Shift + Tab to leave the editor and move to the previous field on the page.
If you use the shortcut keys that move selected items one character left, right, up, or down, the object is absolutely positioned. "Absolutely positioned" is determined by pixels. When you move an object up once, it moves up one pixel.
Editor text box shortcuts
Blackboard's editor is based on the TinyMCE editor. You can find pages describing their complete list of Keyboard shortcuts and Accessibility keyboard shortcuts (compatible with screen readers such as JAWS and NVDA) on their website.
The only custom addition made to the editor, the Add content button at the end of the second row of commands, has no shortcut attached to it.