In the Ultra Course View, you can align goals to multiple items in your course:
- Tests, including individual questions
- Web links
- Teaching tools with LTI connection
- Question banks
Institutions can demonstrate that their programs and curriculums are effective when goals align with course content and activities. Your institution imports or creates goals and you can align them to your course content. Instructors can't create goals, but you can find and add goals that are available in the system.
Align goals with a test, assignment, or discussion
In a test, assignment, or discussion, select the Settings icon to add, edit, and remove goals. In the panel that appears, select Align with goals. The Goals & Standards page appears. If the item already has goals associated with it, the link shows the number of goals.
To align goals with an individual test question, open the test. Open the menu next to the question and select Align with goal. A trophy icon appears next to questions with aligned goals. Select the icon to edit or remove goals from the question. Or, you can select Align with goal again to add, edit, or remove goals associated with the question.
Students can view information for the goals you align with tests, assignments, or discussions so they know your expectations.
Align goals with items on the Course Content page
You can align goals with some items on the Course Content page, including links, teaching tools with LTI connection, files, and documents. To add, edit, or remove goals associated with these items, open the menu in the item's row and select Edit. In the panel that appears, select Align with goals. The Goals & Standards page appears. If the item already has goals associated with it, the link shows the number of goals.
Students can't view the goals you align with links, LTI tools, files, or documents.
Align goals with a rubric
Inside a new or existing rubric, select the Align with goals link that appears under a criteria row to add, edit, or remove associated goals. The Goals & Standards page appears. Students can't view the goals you align with a rubric.
Goals & Standards page
On the Goals & Standards page, you can select goals to align with course content or remove goals that you added.
In the Browse Criteria panel, expand the sections and select specific criteria:
- Source: Only one source can appear at a time. Shows where the goal is stored.
- Goal Set Type
- Goal Set: The branch of learning or subject of the goal. Administrators create goal sets to classify goals at a high level.
- Goal Type: The classification of the goal, such as Standard.
Or, use the Search current results box to type a phrase, word, or part of a word to find matching goals.
- Goals that fit the criteria appear. Select the check boxes for the goals that you want to add.
- The goals appear in the Selected Goals area at the bottom of the screen. You can expand the area to view your list of goals.
- Select the red X next to a goal to remove it. The goal is removed from the collection, but not deleted from the system.
- Select Submit. The selected goals are aligned with the item.
Remove a goal
To remove a goal from course content, select the same link you used to align the goal. The link text displays the number of goals aligned with the item, for example, Aligned with 3 goals. Select the link to open the list of goals, and select the trash can icon next to the goal you want to remove.
To remove goals from an individual test question, open the test. Select the trophy icon next to a question. In the list of goals, select the trash can icon next to the goal you want to remove.