We're continually evolving to improve your teaching and learning experience.
Follow this page to get email updates when we publish what's new
Adjust recording playback speed
More and more students are using recordings as a way to catch up on missed sessions and review content to better assimilate. With that in mind, and based on student feedback, anyone can now adjust the speed of the recording to suit their needs.
With this feature, viewers can choose between a range of speeds (0.5x, 0.75x, 1x, 1.25, 1.5, 2x) to playback recorded video.
Viewers can now go faster to save some time, or because it’s easier to understand. Or they can go slower to catch more of what is being said, or because the video is in a different language. These are just few examples of the advantages of being able to change speed when playing a recording.
Choose your preferred language
Up until now, Collaborate used the default language set in your browser, which may not be your preferred language. Now you can choose any language supported by Collaborate as your default language during a session in Session Settings. Your selection is then remembered by this browser on this device for your next sessions.
Gallery view dynamic adjustment
Streaming videos can demand a lot from your network connection or device, especially with a high number of videos such as the 25 at once that gallery view now supports. Collaborate will now monitor your experience and when the load is too much will automatically reduce the number of videos to 4, to improve your experience. When it does, it will show you a notification in the banner at the top of your screen.
Announcing the roll out plan for the new whiteboard
With the new whiteboard all attendees can enjoy better formatting, usability, and annotation persistence. With the improvements to the annotation tools, attendees can enjoy these features on a session whiteboard or shared file.
- Better formatting: Pencil thickness, fonts and font size, shapes with color fill, arrows, and more are added to the annotation tools.
- Usability: It's easier to copy and reuse elements and paste text. You can now erase part of the annotations or clear all. There are multi line text blocks, text wrapping, and safeguards before clearing all annotations.
- Interaction with breakout groups: You can annotate a file in the main room and then share it with the breakout groups including annotations. You can bring a breakout group's own annotated file into the main room together with its annotations.
- Annotation persistence: Annotations made to the whiteboard, or on a file, are saved in the session. You can share something new, go to a new slide, or stop sharing. The annotations remain. Select Clear Annotations to remove them all.
Create a blank file of several pages to have a multi-page whiteboard.
The new whiteboard doesn't include a pointer, but you can easily draw your own (arrow, dot) and move it around easily.
User experience improvements
Based on feedback, we made improvements to Collaborate.
- In the recordings interface, previously the "date" was indicating the end date and time. We've changed this to have it indicate the start date and time of the recording. The interface also include the duration.