Blackboard Planner's advisor view allows you to guide your students more effectively by providing you with insights about their major and academic loans.
Institutions have some control over what you see on the login page. However, everyone needs the same three pieces of information to gain access:
- The web address of your institution's advisor view site
- Your username
- Your password
If you don't know how to access your advisor view site, contact the computing help desk at your institution. Blackboard doesn't have access to your institution's site and can't help you with these types of questions.
If you're not sure how to contact them, look for the technology office on your institution's website. You can also search the web for your institution's name +Blackboard + help or support.
View student list
After you log in, your advisor view opens to the Student List page, which shows overviews of student profiles. By default, only the students you advise are displayed. You can change the display to show all students at your institution by selecting All Students on the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
The following information for each individual is displayed, and can be sorted alphabetically by selecting the arrows next to the category:
- Student: Student name and ID number. You can view student details by hovering over a student's name.
- Major Feeling: How the student feels about their current major.
- Loan Feeling: How the student feels about their academic loans.
- Last Planning Activity: When the student was last active in Planner.
Hover over a student's name to see more details. The student details include their avatar, academic year, and interests. There is also the option to email the student.
You can use filters to locate specific students based on what you find important. Select the filter icon in the upper right corner. You can filter student details by Major Feeling, Loan Feeling, and/or Last Planning Activity.
Using the course email tool, you can send messages from your course to course members' external email accounts without having to switch to your email provider, such as Gmail or Yahoo.
Select the mail icon from the right side of the student row, or the lower right of the student details box. The student's name and your title are included in the email template. Type your message and click Send.
You can message multiple students at the same time via the new Batch email feature.
- Batch emails have blind carbon-copied (Bcc) recipients to address security and privacy concerns.
- The email recipient cap is set at 500 recipients.
- A copy of the email is sent to the sender.