Spread the news for your sport, club, or class!
Creating and sending newsletters can be a great way to send out several announcements, updates, and calendar events, all at once in a neat and organized way.
The Newsletter feature is built in to the messaging interface, and there are several templates already loaded for use. If you have your own templates, or would like to create a custom newsletter, the interface also includes an HTML source-editing tool.
Everything in the template can be edited or removed.
Use a newsletter template
- From the Blackboard Communications HQ interface menu, select Messages > Send.
- Select the Email icon as the message type.
- Select the Insert Email Template to add an email template.
- Choose a template, and select Use.
- Update the newsletter:
- Select <<More from the menu for additional options, such as inserting a link, inserting a picture/image, and changing the text/image alignment.
- To add an image, select Insert/Edit Image. Choose an image to upload, and then select Update.
- For more advanced editing capabilities, such as changing the color scheme of the newsletter, edit the HTML code of the newsletter template. Select the Edit HTML Code icon.
It is strongly suggested not to make any changes in this window unless familiar and comfortable with reading/editing HTML code.
- After making the changes, select Update to save the changes.
- Complete the rest of the message:
- Type the Subject for the topic of the message.
- Add Recipients or change the Start Time.
- Include language translations by selecting Add Language, and select each language needed.
Amheric language will not include translation or text-to-speech capabilities. Some Android devices and iOS do NOT support Amheric, and the message may not look correct on those devices. However, it is expected that those users requiring Amheric language will use phones that support the display.
- Select Send when ready to send the message.
Templates available in Teacher Communications
If you need to update or add your own templates, you will need administrative privileges.
|This newsletter template includes a header, title, a three-article table with space for 160 x 160 images, and a footer.
|This newsletter template includes a header, a title with space for 520 x 200 image, two-column table for article and upcoming events, a three-column table for additional articles with space for 160 x 160 images, and a footer.
|The event flyer includes a header, the calendar item, and space for a 200 x 100 image.
|Save the Date
|This template includes the Save the Date header with text details, and a two-column table with the date followed by a sub-article box on the left, and the full details on the right.
|The letterhead template includes a header, title, sub-header, text box for letter, and an announcements table with a two-column table for articles.
|This template resembles a piece of notebook paper with a header, sub-header, and text.
|The postcard template includes a picture header with space for a 500 x 130 image, a heading-1 style with space for a 460 x 300 image, then another heading-1 style, and three sections with heading-2 styles and text.
|This newsletter template includes a header, a two-column layout with links to articles on the left and the article headlines and text on the right. The left contains a link to a featured article with space for a 100 x 100 thumbnail image, and the articles on the right contain space for 100 x 100 thumbnail images. The template includes a footer with space for contact information.
|This newsletter template includes a header, a two-column layout with a title, article headlines and text on the left and the links to articles on the right. The articles on the left contain space for 100 x 100 thumbnail images, and the right contains two sections with space for 100 x 100 thumbnail images.
|This invitation template resembles an envelope with a title heading, space for a 100 x 100 thumbnail image, and the text.