In the activity window, you can perform simple functions through the command input field. By default, this field is hidden.
- Open the command input field in one of the following ways:
- Click the show or hide command input field icon in the toolbar. The field remains open until you click the icon again.
- Type / (forward slash). The forward slash is the first character required to enter a command. The field closes after you enter your command and press Enter or Return.
- Type your command after the forward slash. Commands are listed later in this topic.
- Press Enter or Return to process the command.
A message appears in the event panel if the command is unknown, has an unknown or invalid parameter, or an error occurs. After the command is processed, focus returns to the event panel.
You can resize the command input field. With your mouse, drag the divider between the field and the event panel.
You can use the following commands only in a live session, not for recordings.
Each command starts with a / (forward slash) and is followed by parameters. Some commands have more than one available parameter. They are listed together and separated by a | (pipe). Enter only one parameter.
|Raise or lower hand||/hand up | down|
|Set audio mode||/audio computer | phone|
|Talk or stop talking||/talk on | off|
|Display video||/video preview | on | off|
|React (show emotion)||/react laughter | applause | confusion | disapproval | approval | faster | slower|
|Step away or come back||/status away | back|
|Enter polling response||/answer none | yes | no | a | b | c | d | e|
|Recording playback||Use this command only while listening to a recording. Enter only one parameter.
/playback start | pause | stop
|Send chat message||/chat <message>
Use this syntax to send a public message onlyto the room you are currently in.
/chat [@<recipient> | @all_rooms | @announcement | @moderators] <message>
The options are not case-sensitive.
Enclose <recipient> in quotation marks if it contains an ambiguous term. For example, your session includes two participants-named Mary and Mary Hansen. If you want to send Mary Hansen the message "Hello Mary," enclose her name in quotation marks: /chat @"Mary Hansen" Hello Mary