If you see a list where your name appears, your courses appear in the Ultra experience. The notification system is always on.
On your activity stream's Notification Settings panel, you can choose which notifications you receive about activity in all your Original and Ultra courses:
- Activity stream: Choose which activities appear on your Stream page.
- Email: If you want to receive email notifications, add an email address to your profile page. Then, choose how often and which activities you want to receive notifications for.
- Push notifications: Messages pop up on your mobile device if you have the Blackboard app for students installed. You can select which notifications are sent to your device.
You can choose the types of notifications you receive and how they're delivered to you.
On your Activity Stream page, select the Stream Settings icon to open the Notification Settings panel. You can also access these settings from your profile page.
You can control which activity appears in your stream. Select the Stream Notification Settings tab to open the panel.
Notifications for due dates, grades, and feedback always appear in your stream.
Choose which notifications you receive about activity in all your Original and Ultra courses:
- Institution announcements
- Course announcements
- Graded items due
- Graded item due soon
- Graded item past due
- New content
- Assessment added
- Content added
- Grades posted
- New discussion
- My grades and activity
- No recent activity
- Grade low or at risk
- Grade dropped
- Low course activity
- Grade increased
- Course activity in top 10%
- Grade in top 10%
- New calendar event
- New course or organization
- Blog activity
- Blog entry posted
- Blog entry edited
- Journal activity
- Journal entry posted
- Journal entry edited
- Wiki activity
- Wiki page created
- Wiki page edited
- Wiki comment posted
You can choose to receive all or some notifications of a certain type. A checkmark appears when you select all notifications. A dash appears when you select some notifications.
Select the Email Notification Settings tab to open the panel.
If you haven't added an email address to your profile page, you won't see any options in the Email Notification Settings tab.
Organization activities won’t trigger email notifications.
Choose how often you want to receive emails for activities in all your Original and Ultra courses:
- Email me right away: Receive individual notifications for each activity you choose from the list.
- Email me once a day: All notifications are collected and sent once a day at a time set by your institution.
In the Notify me by email about these activities list, choose which notifications you want to receive:
- New gradable items
- New messages
- New discussion messages
- New content added
- New and upcoming due dates
- Past due items
- New courses available
Clear all the check boxes if you don't want to receive emails about the activities in the list.
|Course Activity||Original Course View||Ultra Course View|
|New gradable items||Assignments, tests, and surveys
Blog, journal, wiki, or discussion activity
|Assignments and tests|
|New discussion messages||Sent in daily email only||Sent in daily email only|
|New content added||Assignments, tests, and surveys added
Content items added
|Assignments and tests added
Content items added
|New and upcoming due dates
Sent when an assessment is made available and 24 hours before the due date
Also, sent when you create a manually added item with a due date
|Assignments, tests, and surveys due
Items due: Manually added items in your Grade Center
|Assignments and tests due
Items due: Manually added items in your gradebook
|Past due items||Past due assignments and tests
Past due surveys
|Past due assignments and tests|
|New courses available||Yes||Yes|
SMS notifications are available if your institution used Connect SMS Service before August 3, 2023. If this is the case, SMS notifications continue to be offered and existing SMS notification settings remain in place.
SMS notifications are no longer available for self-hosted and managed hosted institutions.
If you have the Blackboard mobile app installed, you can receive push notifications on your mobile device. You can manage which push notifications are sent in these ways:
- Blackboard on the web: Log in to Blackboard on a web browser and navigate to your Activity Stream. Select the Stream Settings icon. From the Notification Settings panel, select the Push Notification Settings tab.
- Blackboard app: In the app's main menu, tap Settings. Manage push notifications in the app.
Choose which push notifications you want to receive for activity in all your Original and Ultra courses:
- New content
- Discussion posts and replies by your instructor
- Discussion replies in a thread you authored
- New grades and feedback
- Due dates for these content types only
- Manual grade columns
- Additional due date reminders - you can set up more reminders for a specific number of days prior to due dates
Due date push notifications always appear one day before the due date and can't be turned off like other push notification types.
When an instructor changes a due date, a new Test Due push notification is generated. The push notification doesn't state that it's a changed due date.