Building a curriculum? No need to start from scratch.
Creating content for your courses takes time and thoughtful planning. If you teach multiple courses that use similar content, you may want to copy content items and folders between courses to help save time. In the Ultra Course View, you can copy content from other courses you teach so you don't have to start with a blank slate.
You can quickly build your list of content to copy from another course. You can choose to copy multiple pieces of content across your courses, including all content in your courses. Get started from the Course Content page.
In the Ultra Course View, you can copy these supported content types from other courses you teach:
- Tests, including group tests
- Assignments, including group assignments
- Links to websites
- SCORM packages
Some content types aren't supported:
- LTI tools
You can copy all the content or select individual items from the other Ultra courses you teach. On the Course Content page, select the plus sign to open the menu. Select Copy Content. Or, open the menu next to the Batch Edit link. Select Copy Content. The Copy Content panel opens.
The Copy Content option isn't available for courses in Ultra preview mode. You can only copy content from other courses in the Ultra Course View.
- In the Copy Content panel, all your courses appear in the Your Courses list. If you teach many courses, use the search bar to find courses by name or course ID.
- All your courses appear in the Your Courses list. If you teach many courses, use the search bar to find courses by name or course ID.
- Build your list of content to copy:
- Select a course's check box to copy all of its content into the current course.
- Select a course's name to explore its content and select the check boxes next to the folders and items you want to copy.
- Do both! You can copy all content from one course and a few items from another. Use the Copy Content option to copy content from more than one course at a time.
- To return to your course list and continue adding to the list, select the book icon next to the course title and select Your Courses.
- Select View All in the Selected Items section at the bottom of the panel to edit and view the content you've chosen. Review your selections and clear the check boxes next to any items you don't want to copy.
Check boxes appear differently when you select entire folders or items within folders. A check mark next to a folder shows you've selected the entire folder for copy. A dash appears when you've selected some pieces of content in the folder.
Ready to copy? After you finalize your selections, select Copy Selected Content and the copy action begins. Status indicators on the Course Content page show the progress. A success message appears when the action completes. The copied content is added to the end of the content list.
If the system encounters problems with a content copy, an error report appears at the top of the Course Content page. Select View Details to learn more about why the content failed to copy.
On the Copy Details panel, you can see if the problems are related to your server connectivity or the content itself. Select an entry to see why the item wasn't successfully copied.
When you copy an entire course's content, the visibility settings are preserved when the content is added to the new course. For example, hidden content in the copied course is hidden in the course you copied it to. Content is set to Hidden from students if you copy individual items into your course.
Review all copied items to be sure students can see the content you want to show.