Blackboard has partnered with Copia to provide seamless access to Copia Class content directly in your Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS course, making delivering your course easier and more convenient, saving you time, and helping you create an even better course experience for your students.
This integration works with Blackboard Open LMS, Blackboard Learn Release 9.1, version October 2014 and later, as well as all versions of SaaS for Original and Ultra Course Views.
Features and benefits
- Single sign-on: With single sign-on, students are ready on their first day with easy access to Copia Class courses and library content directly from their Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS course.
- Direct links: Link to a Copia Class course or an assigned Copia Class eBook from within Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS.
- Grade sync: Flexible, on-demand grade synchronization capabilities allow instructors to share students’ cumulative Copia Class grades with the Blackboard Learn Gradebook. This feature is not available for Blackboard Open LMS at this time.
- Familiar workflows: Access to Copia Class content within the course content area makes it easy for you to find and adopt content within your native Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS workflow.
- Student data privacy: Student information remains secure through full compliance with student privacy standards, such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Integrated Copia product
Copia Class: Copia Class provides faculty with a powerful platform to deliver customizable and collaborative content directly within Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Open LMS. Faculty can easily create an engaging learning environment that fully aligns with course objectives by leveraging the comprehensive content library, dynamic discussions, and personalized feedback. To ensure faculty are supported each step of the way, Copia provides individualized services to create instructional experiences that meet the changing needs of education.
Your administrator can download and install the Partner Cloud Building Block, which includes the Copia Class integration, at no cost. After the Partner Cloud Building Block is installed and the Copia Class integration configured, you can add Copia Class content to your Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS courses. In a content area, select Content Market from the Partner Content menu. Select Copia from the menu of available content.
The first time you attempt to add Copia Class content, you will be prompted to register or log in to your Copia Class account to associate your Copia Class course with your Blackboard Learn or Blackboard Open LMS course. Moving forward, this association will provide single sign-on for you and your students in the course, direct access to Copia Class content, and cumulative grade synchronization with the Blackboard Grade Center.
Grade sync is only available for Blackboard Learn at this time.
Contact Copia technical support
Have questions about your account, registration, or general faculty support? A member of the Copia support team is available to help.
Need help finding the right course materials? Your Copia representative is available to help.