Put a face with a name!
You can perform a mass upload of Staff and Student profile photos up to two times per school year. Most schools perform the upload at the beginning of the school year. Throughout the year, you can make individual adjustments to staff or student photos for new students or staff changes.
Be sure to complete the following conventions for profile photos:
- Save students and staff photos in separate folders, if possible.
- Name the staff and student photo files with their respective Staff ID or Student ID followed by the file extension. For example, if a staff ID is 123456, the photo file would be 123456.jpg.
- If there is an overlap in ID naming conventions between staff and students, include the word Staff or Student before the ID. For example, if your staff and students have overlapping IDs (Staff ID 123456 and Student ID 123456), then there will be two files, Staff_123456.jpg and Student_123456.jpg.
Mass upload of photos
- Select Accounts > Upload Photos.
- Select either Students or Staff as the Account type.
- Drag the folder of photos.
- Select Upload.
You will be able to view which photos were successfully matched to each account ID, and the photos that were not matched.
Add a single photo
- From the Blackboard Communications HQ interface menu, select Accounts > Manage Accounts.
- Search for the user to update.
- You can search by Role, School, Name, or Phone/Email.
- Select List Accounts.
- Select the account Name to upload the photo.
- After the Account window opens, select Change under the user profile icon.
- Select the photo to upload.
- Select Save when finished.