I want to join a Collaborate Ultra session but...I'm not a student!
- No worries. You don't have to be a student or a Blackboard product user.
- You'll be prompted to download the Blackboard app.
To get started, you'll need a Collaborate session link from the moderator.
Moderators need to use Collaborate with the Ultra experience so that participants can collaborate in the Blackboard app. Collaborate with the Original experience isn't supported.
Join session with a link
Your instructor or session moderator may provide a Collaborate session link outside of the Blackboard app. For example, a moderator that doesn't have a Blackboard course might email you a session link.
Session links that are associated with courses are visible within courses in the Blackboard app. If you aren't enrolled in a course, you can still join sessions if the moderator provides you a link.
Join a session with these general steps:
- Get the Blackboard app.
- Open the link provided by your instructor or session moderator in your device's mobile web browser.
- Follow the instructions on your device.
Detailed steps to join session with a link
If you encounter problems when you open the session link, walk through these steps.
- Install the Blackboard app. If you don't have the app yet, go to Quick Start.
- Open the link provided by your instructor or session moderator in your device's mobile web browser. Your instructor or moderator might email a session link or post it in a course.
- Select Blackboard from the list of apps on the browser page.
- For Android, you might need to tap Join Session with Blackboard.
- For iOS, you might be prompted to Open in Blackboard if this is your first time launching a Collaborate session. Tap Open.
- If you don't have the Blackboard app installed, tap Don't have the Blackboard app? on the login page. After you install the app, tap the Collaborate link provided by the moderator again.
- You're joined to the session in one of these ways:
- If you're already logged in to the Blackboard app, you're joined to the session automatically.
- If you're not logged in to the Blackboard app, you can do one of the following:
- Type your name and tap Join as Guest.
- Sign in to Blackboard. Use the same credentials you use to access your Blackboard courses on a computer. This method autofills your name in the Collaborate session and logs you in to the Blackboard app.
If your school isn't set up to use the Blackboard app, you'll always tap Join as Guest.
- See Collaborate in the Blackboard app to learn how to participate in a session.