Blackboard Student Success Chatbot Oct 2021 release
Continuous Delivery | Release to Production 25 Oct 2021
New Features, Updated Features on Chatbot Premium
- On 25 October, Blackboard Student Success updated Blackboard Chatbot for websites consisting of free and premium versions.
- The free version of the Blackboard Chatbot is available with Blackboard Learn to provide Ultra support.
- Institutions should upgrade to Blackboard Chatbot premium to enjoy added features.
Here’s what the Chatbot premium Oct 2021 release includes:
1. The all-new Chatbot for websites
Add the Blackboard Chatbot to Learn or any website.
- You can add the Chatbot to the bottom right corner which is the standard launch position on the website. You can also add the Chatbot at additional launch points on your website to call out to chat.
- The Chatbot sends a welcome message to the user when they open the website.
- The Chatbot sends a timeout alert to users when they are inactive.
Premium users can customize the Chatbot appearance and tone to match their brand.
Optional content packs:
Blackboard Chatbot premium users can optionally subscribe to get access to Blackboard Learn Ultra and Learn Original common content packs.
2. Change the Learn content source within the Chatbot
Blackboard Chatbot (Chatbot for Learn and the Chatbot widget for websites)
Enhanced and expanded Chat Support for Blackboard Learn users.
The 'Change content' button
- Available for users who use both Learn Ultra and Learn Original.
- Unavailable for users who use only Learn Ultra or Learn Original.
3. Improved user experience
Chatbot now supports images, audio, and video content in the chat.