Free Chatbot Version
A free chatbot version in Blackboard Learn available to SaaS clients in North America who have enabled the Base Navigation. Seamlessly integrated into Ultra Course View courses, Chatbot provides always-on support. It returns answers to students’ and instructors’ commonly asked Learn questions and issues directly from Blackboard Help. Students and instructors can ask Chatbot their questions or select from a pre-populated list. Chatbot uses machine learning to better serve your students and instructors over time.
To open the free version Chatbot, select the help icon on any Learn screen.
Chatbot currently supports English only.
If the chatbot isn’t pre-installed, request the free version chatbot in Behind the Blackboard.
Premium Chatbot Version
The Chatbot premium version in Blackboard Learn available to SaaS clients in North America that allows institutions to expand the scope of Chatbot support beyond Blackboard Learn help to include the institutions’ specific help.
The premium Chatbot version currently supports English only.
The 'Chat with someone live' feature
Integration with SmartView Chat
The integration with SmartView Chat provides chatbot users with the 'Chat with someone live' option. This feature will be automatically available for clients with Premium Chatbot and SmartView Chat through Student Success Support and Retention Services.
The main advantages of this feature are:
- Offers SmartView Live Chat within the Premium Chatbot interface
- Allows chatbot users to get support from a bot and an agent all in one place
Keep in mind that one SmartView Chat may be integrated into one Chatbot.
Choose to Opt-in
Administrators can choose to further consolidate and enhance the Chatbot to Chat experience. Request any or all the opt-in options through your Student Success Support and Retention Services Account Manager.
- Consolidate the chat experience: request that your current SmartView Chat access points and links are updated to launch the chatbot with a Live Chat.
- Customize chatbot key phrases: define what set of words in the chatbot will trigger the possibility to chat with an agent.
Integration with SmartView Service Desk
The integration with SmartView Service Desk provides Case Management and Reporting on Chatbot Interactions.
This feature is automatically available for clients with Premium Chatbot and SmartView Service Desk through Student Success Support and Retention Services. It provides expanded incident reporting in SmartView Service Desk to include interactions with the following case origins:
- BbSS - Web Chatbot: denotes chatbot interactions from websites where the client has opted to add the Chatbot for Web script
- BbSS - Learn Chatbot: denotes chatbot interactions from client's Learn instances where the client has opted to enable Chatbot for Learn help option
- BbSS - Web Chatbot to Chat: denotes help interactions started from a website with the Chatbot and then transferred to agent-supported Chat
- BbSS - Learn Chatbot to Chat: denotes help interactions started from Learn with the Chatbot and then transferred to agent-supported Chat
Enable or Disable Chatbot
Navigate to Admin Panel > Integrations > LTI Tool Providers > Chatbot tool provider edit menu.
Select Exclude to disable Chatbot.
Select Approve to enable Chatbot.