How do I register for CourseSites as an Instructor?
You can create an account for CourseSites by completing the registration form at coursesites.com. Choose Professor/Instructor in the drop-down box for Registering as.
How many courses do I get to conduct live teaching?
You get ten course shells to play with, build out content, and conduct live teaching. You'll have five courses in the Original Course View as well as five courses in the Ultra Course View. You're able to convert your five Original courses to be Ultra courses, so you can carry out live teaching with the Ultra Course View with up to ten courses. You'll also get a demo course with exemplary content that demonstrates best practices and the Ultra Course View's potential.
The Original Course View is familiar to many educators and students from Learn 9.1. The Original Course View is known for its unmatched breadth of functionality that allows for full control of the course design and presentation of content.
What if I need more courses?
Can I charge students for courses I deliver on CourseSites?
Can I use CourseSites?
What browser should I use?
CourseSites supports Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari. Full details on versions supported can be found in our pages on browser support.
You can also use the browser checker tool to get a report on the suitability of your browser for CourseSites.
Internet Explorer is not supported.
I’ve forgotten my password. How can I reset it?
There is an automated password reset facility. From the login page at blackboard.coursesites.com, click the Forgot Password? link below the Sign In button. You can reset your password by providing three pieces of information. Either:
- Username, First Name, Lastname
- Email, First Name, Last Name
If these three pieces of information exactly match what we have in the database, an email will be sent to your registered email address with a link to reset your password.
If you cannot access your registered email address we will be unable to provide a way for you to access your account again so please ensure you keep this up to date.
How can I invite students to participate?
It's easy. For Ultra courses, select Roster under Details & Actions on the side of the course page and then select the Invite plus sign in the top corner of the page. On the Invite Students panel, you can invite students in two ways:
- Paste the email addresses of the students you want to invite. You can add as many email addresses as you want by separating each address with a comma.
- Scroll down to the Shareable Link to copy the link you can with students to allow them to enroll in your course.
For Original courses, go to the Control Panel in the course menu and select Users and Groups and then Users. You can invite students in two ways:
- Copy the shareable link provided, which can be shared with students to allow them to enroll in your course.
The "Invite Users" email feature in Original courses is currently unavailable. Instructors are required to copy the shareable link and send it to users to enable them to enrol in courses.
Can I batch enroll students in my course?
No. We do not provide a batch enroll capability in CourseSites. You need to invite students by using the invitation links as described above.
How can I add another instructor to my course?
To add another user as an instructor, send them an invite link to the course to enable them to enroll as a student and then elevate their privileges by changing their role.
For Ultra courses:
- Select Roster from the Details & Actions menu on the left in the course
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to the name of the user you want to change and select Edit member information
- Choose Instructor from the drop down menu under the Role heading
- Click the Save button at the bottom right of the Member Information pane
For Original courses:
- From the Course Management menu, select Users and Groups > Users
- Roll the mouse cursor over the username of the user you want to change the role for to show the options menu (the little downward pointing arrow)
- Click the options menu button and choose Change User's Role in Course
- Select the Instructor role by clicking the radio button
- Click Submit to save the change
I need to pass ownership of the course to another person. How do I do this?
This is not possible. When you create the instructor account in CourseSites and your courses are created, the contractual relationship entered into is between Blackboard and you as an individual instructor. It is not between Blackboard and any organization. We do not offer a process to transfer ownership of a course to another individual.
If you need to transfer content, we recommend creating an export package of the course which another individual can restore in their own account.
Yes, you can experiment with your existing Original courses in CourseSites.
- On the Courses page, access one of your CourseSites Original course shells.
- Navigate to Control Panel > > Packages and Utilities > Import Package/View Logs > Import Package
- On the Import Package page, browse for the course package on your computer. Select the course materials to include or Select All.
- Select Submit.
- You'll receive an email when the import process is complete.
The content from the course package is added to the Original shell. You can delete placeholder items on the course menu you no longer need.
Want to convert your Original course to the Ultra Course View? You can fully explore your Original course in the Ultra preview before you switch to the Ultra Course View. You can also review a list of features and functions that change or won't carry forward if you convert.
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Import courses explains how to import an Original course package into CourseSites.
Can I restore a course archive package containing student accounts and data such as the gradebook?
No. Instructors in CourseSites do not have the necessary privileges to restore archive packages containing users and course data. Export packages can be restored containing the course content.
How do I know if I am close to my 1GB limit of course content? How do I calculate the size of my course currently?
If your registered email address is set up correctly, you will receive an email when you have reached 750MB of content in the course to inform you.
You can use the content collection to find out how big your course is currently at any time.
- Open the Create menu and select Content Collection
- Click the button to browse the content collection
- On the right hand side of the screen just under the search box it states Available Quota in MB and as a percentage
- In the Course Management menu, expand the Control Panel and select Content Collection
- Click on the course ID displayed at the top of the list
- The next screen shows the course ID at the top of the page with a little downward pointing chevron next to it. Click the chevron and select Edit Settings
- The quota information is displayed underneath the folder information
Student assignment submissions are not counted towards your course quota
I haven’t logged in for a little while. My account and/or my courses have been deleted. Is there anything I can do?
Is CourseSites available in languages other than US English?
The Ultra experience is available in many languages. In the Ultra experience, you may set a language pack for all of your courses. Your students can change their preferred language as well.
View and change the language at a user level:
- Select Language on your profile.
- Select a language pack from the menu.
- Select Submit.
Can I use Collaborate with the Ultra experience in CourseSites?
Collaborate is integrated with Learn Ultra, which allows you to explore and experiment with your CourseSites account. To make it available in your Ultra course, use these steps:
- Blackboard Collaborate with the Ultra experience gives you a room for each of your courses. We call this a Course Room. You can find the Course Room in your course's Details & Actions section.
- On the New Session panel, you can set the title, date/time, and other settings. Remember, if you use guest access ONLY, your students' names aren't pulled into the session.
- Select Session Settings on the panel to allow Recording Downloads, Moderator Permissions, and Participant Permissions.
- After you choose Save, you'll see your sessions listed on the screen.
If you have further questions about Collaborate with the Ultra experience, check out the Collaborate Ultra help pages.
Is CourseSites mobile friendly? Can I use it with the Blackboard app for students and the Blackboard Instructor app?
Yes. The Ultra experience is responsively designed, meaning it adjusts to a wide variety of screen sizes for mobile devices, tablets, laptops, and desktops. CourseSites also pairs with the Blackboard app for students and the Blackboard Instructor app. You and your students can easily stay connected and informed as well as complete common tasks from anywhere. Simply download the app, type CourseSites by Blackboard as the school name, and use your CourseSites username and password. View the instruction guide for more details on the mobile app.
Why can't I see my courses? Why can I only access my courses through my messages?
If you can't see your courses, check whether you have accidentally hidden them. Look at the filter for your courses
Show a hidden course. Filter the list by Hidden from me > point to a course card menu > select Show course.
How can I delete my account?
If you need to delete your account, please contact the support team through one of the methods listed at the foot of this page. You will need to be able to receive email to the registered email address in order to verify your identity for the team to delete your account. Once deleted your account will not be recoverable.
If you cannot access your registered email address we will be unable to delete your account so please ensure you keep this up to date.
Is Guest access available on CourseSites?
No. CourseSites users are required to be authenticated to access any part of the system. Guest access is disabled.
None of the FAQs answered my question
If you can’t find the answer you are looking for, support is currently available in English at the times listed below. If after hours, we suggest you submit a ticket (requires login) or call (U.S. only) and leave a message. A support representative will contact you to discuss your question or issue.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EDT
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EDT
Live Chat: Launch a live chat session
Telephone Support: 1-844-435-2162
When logged in to CourseSites
To connect with someone at CourseSites support, open the help panel in your browser. Log in to CourseSites and select the help icon in the corner of the browser window. You can submit a support ticket, call the help line, or start a live chat session to get the help you need.