Notification Types and Removal
16:13, 11 Apr 2014
Back to Top
These are the types of notifications that Blackboard Learn generates, if the notification type is set to On in the Edit Notifications Settings area:
- Announcement Available
- Assignment Available
- Assignment Due or Past Due
- Assignment Needs Grading
- Blog Needs Grading
- Content Item Available
- Course Available
- Course Message Received
- Course Quota Soft Limits
- Discussion Board Forum Needs Grading
- Discussion Board Thread Needs Grading
- Gradable Item Due
- Journal Needs Grading
- Retention Center Rule Details
- Survey Available
- Survey Due or Overdue
- Survey Submitted
- Test Available
- Test Due or Overdue
- Test Needs Grading
- Unread Blog Posts
- Unread Journal Entries
- Unread Discussion Board Messages
- Wiki Needs Grading
Events that Remove Notifications
An item's notification is deleted when:
- A course item is deleted.
- A course is made unavailable.
- A course item's end date is reached.
- A student submits the test, survey, or assignment that generated an item available notification.
- An instructor grades the item that generated a needs grading notification.
- A course item's adaptive release rules are no longer met by the student.
- Notification of an item's availability is deleted after it is marked as reviewed (for a course item with review enabled).
- Unread discussion board posts, blog entries, and journal entries are viewed.
- A student no longer meets a Retention Center rule criterion.
- An item has passed its duration as determined by administrator settings—the default setting is 120 days.