Publisher Integrations - Communication & Adoption Toolkit
Blackboard's state-of-the-art publisher integrations simplify the teaching and learning experience by providing a single point of access for courses, content, and learning tools. With single sign-on to instructors' choice of publisher content, direct links to this content within Blackboard Learn, synchronized gradebooks, and convenient workflows within the Blackboard course, these integrations create a better course experience for both instructors and students.
This toolkit helps system administrators, instructional designers, and faculty trainers educate instructors and faculty support quickly and efficiently on the publisher integrations available through the Content Market in Blackboard Learn. These tools will help you generate excitement and drive adoption of the publisher integrations within your learning community, which will, in turn, help increase adoption and usage of Blackboard Learn overall.
More on our publisher integrations:
Want to get the word out about the publisher integrations your institution has available in Blackboard Learn but not sure where to start? We've developed a checklist to save time and take advantage of multiple channels.
- Websites: Place banners and/or digital ads on key institutional websites.
- Wiki/Blogs: Build knowledge repositories to share information. You can link back to our Help site or feature videos on the Blackboard YouTube Channel. You can also reference one or two relevant Blackboard blogs.
- Email: Announce the available integrations via email around the time that your faculty are building their courses for the upcoming term. You can tailor the email template to meet your institutional needs and save time communicating to your faculty.
- Post or email flyers/posters: Post flyers around campus, or email or link to the digital version.
- Face-to-face training: Schedule meetings to help faculty get started with the integrations and show them how to pair or set up their publisher digital courses within their Blackboard Learn course.
- Listservs/Twitter/Facebook: Leverage social media tools to generate awareness. Follow @Blackboard for relevant product announcements.
I have some exciting news! Blackboard has partnered with the leading publishers in higher education, including Cengage Learning, Macmillan Learning, McGraw-Hill Education, Pearson, and Wiley [customize to reflect the integrations you have available on your system], to make delivering your course easier and more convenient, helping you create an even better course experience for your students.
These publisher integrations simplify the teaching and learning experience by providing a single point of access for courses, content, and learning tools:
- Single sign-on eliminates the need for multiple logins and passwords
- Links to interactive, dynamic publisher content allows you to organize all course materials and assignments in your Blackboard Learn course
- Synchronization of Blackboard Learn and publisher gradebooks saves you time and presents a holistic view of student performance
- Efficient, convenient workflows make getting started and accessing content quick and easy for both you and your students
Now, you can engage your students with the same high quality content as always, in a more centralized, convenient way. Need help getting started? Visit Help.Blackboard.com for available resources to get you up and running with the integrations.
If you have questions or concerns about any of the publisher integrations, please let me know.
These datasheets can be easily used on your institutional web properties or distributed to generate excitement about the publisher integrations.
Resources for instructors
Blackboard Help offers a number of resources for faculty, including Getting Started Guides and links for publisher support:
Visit Blackboard.com for additional publisher-specific resources, such as success stories, efficacy studies, and more.
Share the below recordings with faculty and instructional designers.
Building your best course: Leveraging third-party content in Blackboard Learn
Designed for instructional designers and faculty trainers, this webinar provides:
- A high-level overview of the partners and content options available via the instructor-facing Content Market
- Best practices, recommendations, and strategies for instructors and course designers around leveraging partner content within Blackboard Learn courses
- A deep dive walkthrough and demonstration of the instructor and student experiences of select partner content offerings
Presented by Darek Sady, Solutions Engineer, Blackboard Inc.