Many resources are available for learning about privacy regulations and laws, both in the United States and in other countries. An institution's main resource for interpreting and applying laws and regulations is its legal department or retained legal counsel.
- US Department of Education - This site has general information about FERPA.
- Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO) - This site has a mission to implement two laws that seek to ensure student and parental rights in education: the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA)
- Council on Law and Higher Education - This site represents an independent nonprofit organization, founded in 1998, that is dedicated to assisting presidents, senior-level administrators, and attorneys in managing legal risk and improving regulatory compliance.
- State Commissions on Higher Education list - State commissions on higher education act information and regulatory arms for colleges and universities in their respective states. Financial aid, veteran's benefits, state academic goals and funding are all detailed on these sites.
- Association for Student Judicial Affairs - This site represents a professional association that serves the needs of campus judicial officers.
- Electronic Privacy Information Center - This site represents a public interest research center in Washington, D.C. It was established in 1994 to focus public attention on emerging civil liberties issues and to protect privacy, the First Amendment, and constitutional values. This is a special page on student privacy issues.