If you are having issues with your audio or video, please check your session and browser settings.
- Are the audio or video controls on? A line through the icons means that a device is not enabled.
- Are you using the latest version of Firefox? Update your browser.
- Does the browser have permission to access your camera and microphone?
- Open the browser's Show site information menu, to see if your device microphone and camera are allowed. You may need to refresh the page to see the change. If you decide to turn on your audio or video again, you are asked to select new devices.
- If you are on using macOS X 10.14 and higher, open your computer System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. Select Privacy. Make sure your browser is a selected app for both the Camera and Microphone.
If you are having issues with setting up your audio and video with JAWS, use your ChromeTM browser to set it up.
If you see the message that application sharing is starting, but the screen does not actually start sharing, stop and restart application sharing.
If you continue to have issues, check that the browser has permission to share your screen or application.
Browser notification issues
If you are having issues with your browser notifications, please check your session and browser settings.
- Are browser notifications turned on in the session? Go to My Settings. Expand Notifications Settings and select Browser pop-up notification. Select Allow in the browser pop-up. Select Browser pop-up notification again, if you don't see a green check mark.
- Does the browser have permission to send notifications?
- Open the browser's Show site information menu, to see if notifications are allowed. You may need to refresh the page to see the change.
- Open FireFox Preferences, select Privacy & Security. Select the notifications Settings button. Select Allow for the session.
Search the Knowledge Base (available in English only)
Submit a case on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only)