Do you want to be notified when someone joins or leaves a session? How about when posts a chat message? Do you prefer an audio or visual notification?
Open the Collaborate panel and select My Settings. Select Notifications Settings.
By default all of the settings are turned on. These settings only turn on/off the notification banners and sounds.
If you turn these notifications off, you still see:
- A joining status for the participant in the Attendees panel.
- The number of new messages posted on the chat icon.
- Hands raised in the Attendees panel.
- The red light over the recording icon when you are recording.
These are personal settings. Everyone sets their own notifications. Only moderators and presenters can set notifications for when someone raises their hand.
What kind of notification do you want? Do you want to see it? Do you want a sound to alert you to something new? Choose the notification type you want. You have three choices:
- Collaborate pop-up: A visual notification that appears in Collaborate's content presentation area. You must have the session window open and active to see it.
- Audio: A sound that alerts you to something new. Different notifications have different sounds.
- Join session notification: Sounds like a boing.
- New chat notification: Sounds like a thunk.
- Hand raise notification: Sounds like "Duh da." Only moderators can hear hand raise notifications.
- Leave session notification: Sounds like "Bing bong."
- Browser pop-up: A visual notification that appears at the top of a browser window. Browser pop-up notifications don't appear when the session window is open and active. They only appear when you have another browser window, or application, open and active.