Meet with your students online.
Depending on your institution, you can join a session directly from a web link, from your course and from your phone.
- From a weblink: Your administrator has sent you a link to join an individual session or to log into the Collaborate Scheduler. Open the link in your browser and either join the session or sign in to the Scheduler.
- From your course: Open Collaborate from inside your course. It opens in your learning management system.
- From your phone: If offered by your institution, you can use the telephony feature to communicate with other users.
- From the Blackboard Instructor app: You can launch sessions from Blackboard Instructor when links are provided in your courses.
From a link
An administrator may give you a link to join a session or sign into the Scheduler. This link gives you moderator privileges.
Open the link in your browser. For the best Blackboard Collaborate experience with your screen reader use Firefox and JAWS on a Windows® system. On a Mac® use Safari® and VoiceOver.
After the page loads, type your name and select Join Session.
If this is your first time joining the session, complete the audio and video set up and add a profile picture. If enabled, you can also use the telephony feature to communicate with other users.
Mobile device users can't use teleconference for audio communications when they join a session from the app. This is because the app uses the session audio by default.
From your course
If you have Collaborate in your course, you can join the course room or create new sessions from directly in your course. It's up to you what the sessions are for. It could be one-on-one sessions, class lectures, or a place for students to host group study sessions.
Go to Collaborate in your course. Select the session name and select the join option.
If offered by your institution, you can use the phone number to join the session anonymously. To learn more, see Join sessions from your phone.
Blackboard Open LMS
LTI compliant LMS
If offered by your institution, you can use the telephony feature to communicate with other users.
Mobile device users, who are using the Blackboard Student or Blackboard Instructor app to connect to a session, can't use the teleconference dial-in simultaneously with the app audio for communication during the session.
Up to 25 attendees can call into a session from the phone. If the maximum number of dial-in attendees has been reached, nobody else can call in.
There is more than one way to call into a Collaborate session with dial-in available.
- From in the session: If you have joined a session on a browser and want to use your phone for audio, open the Session menu and select Use your phone for audio. Call the number listed and enter the temporary personal identification number (PIN). With this personal PIN, you appear as yourself in the session.
This PIN is associated with your personal account. Don't share it with anyone.
- From the list of sessions: Select the name of the session you want to call into. Select the Anonymous dial-in information from the menu. Your device calls into the session. You appear as an anonymous caller to other attendees in the session.
- From dial-in information sent to you: Call the number and enter the Anonymous dial-in PIN sent to you. You appear as an anonymous caller to other attendees in the session.
Need a number different from the one provided or want to learn more about the Collaborate teleconference feature? Jump to Collaborate Teleconference.
From the Blackboard Instructor app
Blackboard Instructor is a mobile app that enables you to view course content, grade assignments, connect with students in discussions, and launch Blackboard Collaborate sessions. The app is available for iOS and Android mobile devices.
Users can launch a Collaborate Ultra session from Blackboard Instructor if a link is provided within a course. Users are directed to a web browser to join the session.