Here's everything you need to know about the Blackboard Open LMS 2.9 Maintenance Pack 2 release.
Release to Production 14 April 2016. The release time depends on your location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, and South America, excluding Brazil (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: 14 April, 3am - 5am ET
- Central time zone: 14 April, 3 AM - 5 AM CT
- Mountain and Pacific time zones: 14 April, 3 AM - 5 AM PT
- Europe, Middle East, and Africa (Amsterdam, NL datacenter): 14 April, 3 AM - 5 AM GMT
- Asia Pacific, excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): 14 April, 3 AM - 5 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU data center): 14 April, 3 AM - 5 AM AEST
- Brazil (Rio de Janeiro data center): 14 April, 3 AM - 5 AM BGT
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window.
Non-Production Site Upgrade Schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded 12 April 2016 between 8 AM - 5 PM EST.
Plugin Reviews and Updates
Updates to plugins you currently use will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request updates. Plugins you do not use will not be available automatically and you will need to request access to them by submitting a support ticket.
- Turnitin® Moodle Direct (V2) - 2016011104
- Quickmail - 2015122913
- Atto: HTML+ - 2015082100
- Atto: More font colours - 2016010600
- Sharing Cart - 2016032900
- Please note that Sharing Cart is not compatible with Snap.
- WiseNET® Authentication - 2016022500
- WiseNET® Enrolments - 2016022500
- WiseNET® Grades - 2016012800
Bug Fixes and Minor Enhancements
- Advanced Forum
- Resolved "SyntaxError: Unexpected token" when posting replies to a discussion with an image uploaded. This issue was caused by the Turnitin® Moodle Direct (V2) plugin.
- Resolved inability to use file picker in Atto advanced inline editor for Advanced Forum.
- Resolved rating being reset when a reply is added.
- Resolved lack of focus indication on substantive, bookmark, and subscribe icons for keyboard users.
- Resolved Advanced forum not respecting its "timed posts" setting.
- Improved "duration of course" Collaborate Ultra session so that no event is placed in the Calendar.
- Resolved UTF-8 with BOM not being parsed correctly.
- Joule Reports
- Resolved user filter in Joule Reports not honoring group restrictions
- Moodle Core
- Improved error handling in LTI
- Resolved LTI tool configurations not allowing forcessl setting to be unchecked
- Personalized Learning Designer
- Resolved Collect block not recognizing course access
- Resolved Snap asset edit icons not lining up.
- Resolved Weekly topic title when creating a new section. A default read-only week title is now set when creating a new section in the weekly format.
- Resolved profile page error when users are not allowed to edit their own profiles.
- Resolved Snap move activity or resource checkbox not being available to screen reader users.
- Resolved course tools displaying grade report when course is configured to not show grades to students.
- Resolved screen reader not announcing the snap login dialogue when logging in.
- Resolved faux headings not inheriting real heading font sizes on small screens.
- Resolved calendar block navigating away when changing the month in Snap.
- Resolved lack of indication of focus when using a keyboard to select a form element.
- Improved color contrast for text
- Resolved missing message button on the Moodle profile page when viewed at the site level.
- Resolved misaligned user pictures on the messaging page
- Resolved edit mode improperly affecting mode between site homepage and courses.
- Resolved pages not loading if Moodle is accessible by non-root url.
- Resolved personal menu course cards showing a +1 instead of showing the final contact in that position.