Web Community Manager comes with a large collection of default system apps you can use. You can't edit or delete these apps. By default, all editors can use these apps.
To limit who can use them, assign sharing rights.
- From Site Manager select CONFIGURE and select Apps.
- Find the app you want and select Rights.
- Select Assign Group or Assign User.
- Select the groups or users you want to assign.
- Type all or part of the group or user name.
- Select Search.
- Select the group or user you want.
- Repeat until you assign all groups or users.
- Select I'm Done.
You build pages using the Web Community Manager apps—they are your content building blocks. Each app is designed to display in a way that is consistent with the type of content contained within the app. Choosing the right app or combination of apps and the right page layouts helps you provide your visitors with adaptive content that automatically responds to the type of device accessing the information and keeps your pages fresh and engaging.
Some users have a choice of two different ways to display the interface when adding content to the website – the classic page experience or the new page experience. Most Web Community Manager Apps contain the same features in both the new page experience and the class page experience. The only difference is the interface. The information you add is the same in both page experiences.
Use the Showroom to learn about all of our apps.