With Calculated Numeric questions, students are presented with a question that requires a numeric answer. The question doesn't need to be a mathematical formula. You can provide a text question that requires a numeric answer. Calculated Numeric questions resemble Fill in the Blank questions where correct answers are numbers.
If the average human body temperature under normal conditions ranges between 36.5 and 37.5 degrees Celsius, what is the average human body temperature in degrees Fahrenheit?
You can specify an exact numeric answer, or you can specify an answer and an allowable range.
Calculated Numeric questions are graded automatically.
Calculated numeric answers must be numeric, not alphanumeric—42, not forty-two.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. From the Create Question menu, select Calculated Numeric.
- Type the Question Text and the Correct Answer. This value must be a number.
- Type the Answer Range. If the answer must be exact for students to receive credit, type 0. Any value that is less than or more than the Correct Answer by less than the Answer Range value will be marked as correct.
- Optionally, type feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- Select Submit and Create Another or Submit to add the question to the test.