Essay questions require students to type an answer in a text box, and you need to grade these questions manually.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. From the Create Question menu, select Essay.
- On the Create/Edit Essay Question page, type the Question Text. You can type directly in the editor or paste a question from another application, such as Notepad or TextEdit. You can use the math editor when you create Essay questions.
- Optionally, type a sample answer.
- Optionally, associate a rubric.
- Select Submit and Create Another or Submit to add the question to the test.
On the Question Settings page, you can set options for feedback for individual questions.
- Provide feedback for individual answers: Select this check box if you want your feedback for individual answers to appear to students. Though a Response Feedback text box displays by default, students won't see any feedback you add unless you select this check box. You can't provide individual feedback for answers to True/False, Ordering, and Matching questions.
- Add images, files, and web links to individual feedback: You'll be able to add images, files, and web links to individual feedback you provide.