See what we've been up to! Find out what's new in the latest release of the Blackboard app. Administrators can get more details in the Blackboard App Release Notes.
This release includes bug fixes and improvements on iOS and Android.
When instructors add tool links to Original courses, such as grades or announcements, users see the tool in the app instead of on a responsive web browser page.
- Enhanced support for viewing PDFs in the app
- Improved pinch and zoom support for embedded documents in iFrames
- YouTube videos can be viewed full-screen
This hotfix resolves extra padding issue in multiple tools introduced in newer versions of Blackboard Learn.
Need to add media or files to a discussion while on the go? You can now attach files from your device or cloud storage to discussion posts. If you don’t see this feature immediately, don’t worry. We’re working with your institution to make it available.
We made some improvements for users on Android 8.0+.
Have a Collaborate Ultra session scheduled by your instructor, but can't remember when it starts? Sessions are now listed inside your courses! Tap the Collaborate tool, select the session, and instantly join the virtual classroom.
iPhone X users now have an optimized experience in the Blackboard app.
Enjoying the Blackboard app? Make sure you rate us and leave a review!
- New push notification support: Announcements, new content item, and test availability
- Bug fixes
Resolves an issue in iOS where an error showed when navigating through content while offline.
You can now download course files and view them offline when you have limited or no internet connectivity. Your institution may need an update for you to see this feature in the app.
We’ve also fixed various bugs in this release.
Like the Blackboard app? Be sure to leave a review! This release includes an in-app prompt for optional user reviews. The prompt shows on the Activity Stream, Courses list, and Organizations list only after users have interacted with the app for a minimum time period. After users leave a review or dismiss the prompt, it doesn't show again.
We added support for organizations on iOS and Android! For every organization where you’re a participant, you can access content, view announcements, and participate in discussions.
We fixed some bugs and improved performance on all platforms.
The Blackboard app for iOS and Android has a new look, improved workflows, and simpler navigation!! Be sure to update your app. If you use a Windows device, access the Windows-only help pages.
Indicator for new discussions lets you know you've got course activity to catch up on.
Notice something different about Bb Student? Don’t worry—this is the same app. We changed the name to Blackboard and freshened up the icon. The functionality remains the same.
- App name change to Blackboard and new app tile.
- Support for the Catalan language.
- Bug fixes on all platforms.
- Collaborate supports sessions with up to 500 participants.
- You can now reply to a reply in Ultra Course View discussions, just like the web view of the course.
- Bug fixes and other improvements on all platforms.
- Bug fixes on all platforms
- Calculated grades, such as running totals or averages that your instructor created, show in Grades. If a calculated total shows in a desktop browser but not in the app, your school hasn't updated Blackboard yet.
- Dropbox improvements for iOS and Android
- Android only: resolved issue where Collaborate participants couldn't view app shares during sessions
- Revised Google Drive authentication
- High contrast visual support for Windows
- Bug fixes on all platforms
Looking for older information?
Check out the Blackboard App What's New Archive for more information on past releases.