Add audio to your page
You can include different podcasts for your web page. A podcast is a series of either audio or video files released episodically and often downloaded through Really Simple Syndication (RSS). Podcasts are a great way to showcase school bands and choirs or keep users current with what's happening with your courses. Visitors and users can subscribe to the podcasts.
Using the classic page experience? Check out the More about this app section to add content.
Drag the Podcast app onto your page.
- Type the Episode Title.
- Type the Description for the episode. Include images or links and style your text as needed.
- Type the Post Date for when then episode was recorded.
- Type the Author information.
- Type the Episode Length.
- Select the Media File or Web Address.
- Select Activate on my page to display the podcast on your page.
- Select Save.
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Add a podcast episode explains how to add a podcast episode in Web Community Manager.
- Select Options.
- Type the App Name to use as the title.
- Type the Description, and select Show the app name on my page.
- Choose the Display Settings for the number of posts to list. Select Display all active app records or Display a specific number of active app records and set the Record Limit.
App social settings
If you have Social Media Framework, you may be able to add one or all of these social media elements to your apps in the App Options. Whether you can add a particular element depends on which settings and elements your Site Administrator has enabled. Site Administrators may enable RSS feeds regardless of whether or not you have Social Media Framework.
- Visitor Commenting allows visitors to comment on your app.
- Visitor Rating allows visitors to rate your app.
- RSS Feeds allows visitors to subscribe to Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds for your app.
- Community Editing allows visitors to your website to contribute to your app.
You can add tags to categorize the individual records of a Blog, Headlines & Features, Podcast, or Premium Video App. Use these tags to filter which app records display on the end user website. If you choose, you can display the tags by which you filtered an app as clickable links on the end user website or simply display the filtered records without displaying the tags.
RSS - Really Simple Syndication is a standardized group of web feed formats used to publish frequently updated material such as blog entries, news, podcasts, audio, and video. Subscribers to RSS feeds can use desktop, mobile, or web-based readers like Google Reader or My Yahoo RSS reader.
.MP3 - is an extension for MPEG-1. It is an audio compression format for the transfer and playback of music on digital audio players.
.MP4 - is an extension for MPEG-4. It is used to store digital video and audio streams. MPEG-4 Part 14 can also be used to store other data such as still images and subtitles.
.M4A - is the same as .MP4 but is primarily used to store audio-only MPEG-4 files.