Add custom code to your page
Many third party services such as YouTube™ or TeacherTube® provide embed code for objects like videos that are posted on their sites. This code normally includes code for a player as well. You can use this code to insert or embed the video and its player onto a page in your site. This is helpful for creating assignments where the students are required to answer questions while viewing a video. You can embed the video on your page so the students can complete the assignment without ever navigating away from the site.
Using the classic page experience? Check out the More about this app section to add content.
Drag the Embed Code app onto your page.
- Type or paste the code to embed.
- Select Activate on my page to display the embed on your page.
- Select Save.
- Select Options.
- Type the App Name to use as the title.
- Type the Description, and select Show the app name on my page.
- Choose the Display Settings for the number of posts to list. Select Display all active app records or Display a specific number of active app records and set the Record Limit.
Add social media feeds and posts
Incorporating social media on your website is a great way to share what's happening throughout your district.
Like the web itself, a lot is changing with how you access data in social media platforms. Many platforms require server-side authentication to retrieve data, so for social media integration in WCM, you must use the widgets provided by each platform.
Before you can embed social media feeds to your site, you need the proper widget, plugin, and embed codes.
- Facebook page plugin
- Facebook embed a post steps
- Twitter embed a timeline steps
- Pinterest widget
- Instagram embed steps
- LinkedIn plugins
- Flickr embed steps
- Google+ plugins
- YouTube embed code instructions
- Vimeo embedding video overview
Add the widget, plugin, or embed code in the Embed Code app
- From Site Manager find the page you want and edit it.
- Add the Embed Code app to your page.
- Edit the Embed Code app.
- Paste the social media widget, plugin, or embed code in the Embed box.
- Select Save.
Want to share your content with another group or user? From the Sharing tab, you can choose groups to share your content.