On this page
Create content with a full range of HTML functions.Pages contain your text, images, and other embedded media. Pages are linked directly from the main page of the course for a clean visual design and easy student navigation.
A page is perfect for smaller pieces of content that students can easily access from the front page of the course, such as the following:
- Text based content, like a course syllabus or background material
- Pages with embedded images and videos
- Embedded search widget for a Twitter feed
- Embedded search widget for Flickr photos tagged with course keywords
If you see a gauge icon on any of your pages, your institution uses Ally to measure the accessibility of course content. To learn more, see Ally help for instructors.
Create a page
Steps in Snap: Create learning activity or resource > Page > Add
Steps in other themes: Turn editing on > Add an activity or resource > Page > Add
- Type a name and description. Check the Display description on course page box if you want the description to show there.
- In the Content box, use the toolbar toggle to show more buttons for text formatting and adding images and multimedia.
- Set the Appearance options:
- Display page name: If enabled, you can add titles to the chapters that are different than the section names.
- Display page description: If enabled, you can add titles to the chapters that are different than the section names.
- Optionally, configure the following settings:
- Select Save and return to course to show the course front page or Save and display to show the new page.