Moodlerooms 3.3 Release
On this page
We're delighted to announce that the next Moodlerooms release is December 28, 2017.
This release brief is your primary source of release information. It is a living document that includes high-level information about the new release components, links to key documentation and release notes, and links to access the recordings of our customer webinars.
This is a living document. Return often so you can get the most up-to-date information and resources throughout the release process.
We are excited about moving forward together with you! If you have any questions regarding the release process, please reach out to your client engagement team at email@example.com.
To help you prepare for the release, we will be hosting a series of “Territory Moots” (webinars) over the next few weeks. Invites to the Moots led by your immediate client engagement manager have already been sent out. However, if you would like to attend another Moot that offers better availability, please feel free to do so. Please access one of the Moots in the following links shortly before the time zone specified to attend the session. To help convert these times specified to your local time zone, please use this time converter. If you have any questions or need help, please reach out to your client engagement team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New release on non-production (sandbox) sites
- We will upgrade non-production (sandbox) sites on Tuesday, December 5, 2017, between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET. Non-production upgrades occur during North American business hours to improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window.
New release on production sites
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA datacenter): Upgrades will occur on client sites according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador Time zones: December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM EST
- Central Time zone: December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM CST
- Mountain and Pacific Time zones: December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM PST
- South America (São Paulo, Brazil data center): December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM BRST
- EMEA (Amsterdam, Netherlands data center): December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM CET
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, Australia datacenter): December 28th at 12:30 AM - 6:30 AM AEDT
In this release, we focused on the following.
- Upgrade to Moodle Core 3.3.3
- Better Office Integration
- Improved User Dashboard
- Better Activity Completion Management
- Assignment Improvements
- Moodle Mobile Improvements
- Other Improvements
- Upgrade to Mahara 17.04
- LTI Provider Support
- New App Style Navigation
- Combined Pages and Collections
- Page Improvements
- Access Mobile Camera
- Other Visual Improvements
- SafeAssign Integration
- Snap Improvements
- Simpler Activity Creation
- Improvements to Assignment Display
- Support for Course End Dates in Personal Menu
- Support for Moodle Notifications
- Category Brands
- Navigation Bar Coloring
- Record RTC Atto Plugin
- Moodlerooms Forums Improvements
- Collaborate Ultra Rest Support