Moodlerooms 3.0 Maintenance Pack 1 Release
On this page
Here's everything you need to know about the Moodlerooms 3.0 Maintenance Pack 1 release.
Release to Production 11 August 2016. The release time depends on your location and time zone:
- North America, Central America, South America (Virginia, USA data center) - Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM EDT
- Central Timezone: August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific Timezones: August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM PDT
- South America (São Paulo, Brazil datacenter): August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM BRT
- EMEA (Amsterdam, Netherlands datacenter): August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore datacenter): August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, Australia datacenter): August 11th at 3 AM - 5 AM AEST
Downtime will be required for your production AND non-production sites during this window.
Non-production site upgrade schedule
To improve the quality of the upgrade process and shorten the production upgrade window, non-production (sandbox) sites will be upgraded on Tuesday August 9th, 2016 between 8am - 5pm EDT.
Genius integration updates
Genius SIS integrates with Moodlerooms to give institutions a more complete view of their students. In this release we improved the Genius SIS web services.
You can now see:
- Course user progress
- Activities and resources completion status and grade data
- Course access detail
- Module access detail
The Moodle Course Completion feature is fully supported. With this you can see if courses have been completed. You can also see the progress students make towards finishing courses.
You can now move between Moodlerooms and Genius smoothly, without needing to login in again. There is now a single sign-on from Moodlerooms to Genius.
You need a Genius license for this integration.
Plugin reviews and updates
Updates to plugins you currently use will be made available on your site automatically; you do not need to request updates. Plugins you do not use will not be available automatically and you will need to request access to them by submitting a support ticket.
- Atto® File drag & drop (version 2016012500)
- User Tours (version 2015111603)
- You can download and share User Tours hosted on moodle.net
- Aviso Coaching (version 2016051801)
- Course Merchant (version 2016072501)
- i>Clicker® (version 2016072900)
- Microsoft Office 365® (version 2015111920)
Bug fixes and minor enhancements
- CampusVue Integration
- Fixed an issue creating courses through the CampusVue™ integration when Personalized Learning Designer (PLD) was in use.
- Collaborate Ultra
- Added several missing fields to the Collaborate backup/restore process.
- Fixed an issue with encoded strings using Postgres in the open sourced version.
- Common Cartridge
- Fixed an issue where Common Cartridge was failing on Multi-Choice Question without a 'Correct' Answer.
- Folder View
- Removed the ability to view only the first section when Turn Editing On is enabled.
- Joule Reports
- Fixed an issue preventing the display of Joule Reports graphs in Internet Explorer® when using Clean/More Themes
- Moodle Core
- Outcomes that are displayed in the tree are now properly hidden when the parent is folded.
- Personalized Learning Designer
- Fixed an issue where dialogues were not receiving focus, or the focus was in the wrong place
- Quotation Marks in a course's short name no longer causes content to be inaccessible for instructors.
- Snap is now consistent with Moodle in its display of opening and closing times for Quiz and Choice activities.
- Snap now supports monospace font.
- "Read more" links have a new button style.
- Snap now supports secure page layouts, used in quizzes.
- Tiny MCE no longer causes Multiple Choice Question Items to be misaligned.
- Snap no longer hides the "unread" element in forum tracking.
- Added a link to quickly add a course or site cover image.
- Fixed a layout issue with the Edit Settings page using the Collapsed Topics course format.