Moodlerooms 3.0 Release
On this page
We're delighted to announce that the next Moodlerooms release is July 6, 2016.
This release brief is your primary source of release information. It is a living document that includes high-level information about the new release components, links to key documentation and release notes, and links to access the recordings of our customer webinars.
This is a living document. Return often so you can get the most up-to-date information and resources throughout the release process.
We are excited about moving forward together with you! If you have any questions regarding the release process, please reach out to your client engagement team.
This video gives an overview of Moodlerooms 3.0.
To help you prepare for the release, we will be hosting a series of "Territory Moots" (webinars) over the next few weeks. Invites to the Moots led by your immediate client engagement manager have already been sent out. However, if you would like to attend another Moot that offers better availability, please feel free to do so. Please access one of the following links shortly before the time zone specified to attend the session. To help convert these times specified to your local time zone, please use this time converter.
- Kelly Lemar (US / English) on June 13, 2016, at 2 PM EDT Recording
- Anita Hopper (US / English) on June 14, 2016, at 2 PM EDT Recording
- Shannon Wilson (US / English) on June 15, 2016, at 2 PM EDT Recording
- Juan Camilo Paez (Latin America / Spanish) on June 15, 2016, at 10 AM EST Recording
- Karen Underwood (EMEA / English) on June 22, 2016, at 2 PM GMT Recording
- Jaslyn Hughes (Asia-Pacific / English) on June 14, 2016, at 11 AM ACST Recording
New release on non-production (sandbox) sites
- June 6, 2016, 8 AM - 5 PM EST
New release on production sites
- North America, Central America, and South America excluding Brazil (Virginia, USA datacenter): Clients will be upgraded according to their time zone:
- Eastern, Amazon and Newfoundland-Labrador time zones: July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM EDT
- Central time zone: July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM CDT
- Mountain and Pacific time zones: July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM PDT
- EMEA (Amsterdam, NL data center): July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM CEST
- APAC excluding Australia and New Zealand (Singapore data center): July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM SGT
- Australia and New Zealand (Sydney, AU data center): July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM AEST
- Brazil (São Paulo data center): July 6th at 11 PM - July 7th at 5 AM BGT
In this release, we focused on the following.
- Moodle Core 3.0 Upgrade:
- Moodle Mobile Improvements
- New quiz question types
- Mahara Update 15.10:
- Bootstrap-based themes
- Improved admin reporting
- Workflow/UI improvements
- Moodlerooms 3.0 and Blackboard Enhancements:
- General UX/UI and usability improvements
- Accessibility enhancements
- X-Ray data improvements
- Blackboard Collaborate improvements
- Instructors can see guest links to send to participants
- Students can view and download recordings
- Microsoft Office365 enhancements
Statements regarding our product development initiatives, including new products and future product upgrades, updates or enhancements represent our current intentions, but may be modified, delayed or abandoned without prior notice and there is no assurance that such offering, upgrades, updates or functionality will become available unless and until they have been made generally available to our customers.