Never miss a beat!
Juggling competing responsibilities isn't easy. Use the calendar to keep track of upcoming assignments, events, and other due dates.
Non-graded items with due dates, such as tasks, don't appear in the course calendar automatically.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" calendar video.
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Use the calendar explains how to use the calendar to keep track of your events and due dates.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help for finding the calendar.
You can access the calendar from your course, from the Tools panel on the My Institution tab, or from the My Blackboard menu.
- View events by day, week, or month.
- Use the arrows to navigate to another month.
- Select the plus (+) to create a new event. You can also select a date to create an event. Assign the event to the appropriate calendar, select the date and time, and add a description.
Students cannot create an event on a course and institution calendar.
- Select an event to manage it. You can also select and drag an event to change the date.
- Select the calendars you want to show, such as institution, personal, or course. By default, all calendars are visible. You can change the color of each calendar to suit your preference and to easily determine which events correspond with each calendar.
All institution events appear in the institution calendar. All course events, such as assignments due, appear in the course calendar. Courses you hide in the My Courses module on the My Institution page will also be hidden in the Calendars list.
- Get an iCal URL to import your Blackboard Learn calendar into an external calendar application, such as Google Calendar. After the Learn iCal URL is set up in an external calendar, it is updated dynamically with new Learn calendar events.
External calendars can't be imported into the Blackboard Learn calendar.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help for calendar views.
The calendar displays a consolidated view of all your institution, course, organization, and personal calendar events. You can view events by day, week, or month. You can view and organize upcoming and past events into categories.
Course calendar events appear to all members of the course. Common entries include upcoming tests, due dates for assignments, or special lectures. Course items with due dates appear automatically in the course calendar. Only instructors may create course calendar events.
You can choose the first day of your week by changing your personal settings in My Blackboard. You can also choose from four calendar display modes:
- Gregorian only
- Gregorian-formatted with Hirji date conversion in parentheses
- Hijri only
- Hijri-formatted with Gregorian date conversion in parentheses
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help for creating a calendar event.
- Select the plus (+) button or select a specific date to create an event.
- Type the New Event Name.
- Choose a calendar to associate the event with, such as your personal calendar.
Only instructors and administrators can add events to the course and institution calendars.
- Select the Start and End times.
- Type the Event Description. There is a 4,000 character limit for event descriptions.
- Select Save.
You can make recurring events by selecting the Repeat check box. The options in the table describe when the event repeats.
|Daily||Event ends after a specified number of times -OR- on a particular date.|
|Weekly Repeat||Repeats an event on a day of the week. Event ends after X number of times -OR- on a particular date.|
|Monthly Repeat||Repeats an events on a day of the month (1-31) or day of week (first Sunday, second Monday, and so on) supported. Events ends after X number of times -OR- on a particular date.|
|Bulk Add (Series)||Create a series with the repeat options.|
|Bulk Delete (Series)||Delete the entire series created using the repeat options.|
|Edit an Instance||Edit an instance of the series. If you change the date/time of the instance, that particular instance has a "broken" icon to indicate that it no longer conforms with the original series rules.
Changing the name or description of an instance does not break the instance from the series.
|Edit Series (Known Limitation)||At this time, you cannot edit the series. After you create a series, you can bulk delete or make changes to an individual instance.|
Edit or delete an event
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help for editing an event.
Want to change or delete an event?
- Find the date of the event in the main calendar view.
- Select the event to edit or delete it.
- Select and drag an event to another date in the main view to change the date of the event. The time of the event and calendar it is associated with remain the same.
- You can also select and drag an event from the main view to another date on the smaller monthly view to change the date.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" calendar video.
This video explains how to use the calendar to keep track of your events and due dates.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about finding the calendar.
From the global calendar in the list where your name appears, you can see all your upcoming due dates and meetings across your courses—all in one place.
In your calendar, find this event information:
- Office hours. These appointments appear automatically on the calendar when an instructor adds them to a course.
- Due dates. Assignment due dates appear automatically on your calendar.
Check your course calendar
When you access the calendar from inside a course, it shows events for that course only. Select the calendar icon from the course's navigation bar.
The course view of the calendar displays due dates, the course schedule, office hours, and course-specific meetings and events. When your instructor creates content with a due date, it appears automatically in the calendar.
All events within a specific course roll up into the global calendar. You can switch over to the big picture by accessing your global calendar from the list where your name appears.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about choosing your calendar view.
- Select Day or Month to zoom in on one day's tasks or plan for the weeks ahead.
- Select Due Dates to focus only on your upcoming deadlines.
- Select the gear icon in the upper-right corner to select the calendars you want to see.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about creating a calendar event.
Add events to your personal calendar by selecting Calendar from the list where your name appears. Select the plus sign and add an event title, date, time, and location.
Select the title of an event you added to change its details.
You can move and delete events in your calendar. Drag and drop personal events to change times or delete personal events that aren't needed. You can't delete or move events added by your instructor.