Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about navigating Blackboard Learn.
After you log in, you land on the My Institution tab. Across the top, other tabs might be available to you.
Your interface might have different colors, logos, tabs, tools, and names that are specific to your institution. For example, your institution might rename the My Institution tab to match your institution's name or remove a tab or tool.
- My Blackboard and the user menu are available everywhere in Blackboard Learn. They give you a personalized view of your learning environment. Access the menus next to your name in the page header. The user menu provides access to your courses and personal settings, such as text size and personal information. My Blackboard provides access to due dates, users, and social tools. These tools help you connect, communicate, and collaborate with your Blackboard learning network.
- Tools: The tools on this page display information from your courses. For example, the calendar shows events for all courses.
- Modules: Modules on the My Institution tab collect information from your courses. Your institution controls which modules appear and whether you can add modules.
Use links in the modules to view information and navigate to those areas in your courses. You can collapse individual windows and drag modules to new positions on the page.
Modules you might see:
- My Courses: Access the courses you're enrolled in.
- My Announcements: Displays announcements for courses and from your institution. Announcements communicate important, time-sensitive information.
- My Tasks: Displays tasks added by instructors. You can add personal tasks when you access tasks from Tools.
- Add Module: Select to view the list of available modules, such as a dictionary, report card, and notes. Descriptions are provided in the list so that you can choose the most significant. Your institution controls whether you're allowed to add modules.
- Personalize Page: Change the color scheme of the page. Your institution controls whether you're allowed to personalize the page.
You may have access to other tabs that contain modules. For example, if your institution has access to the content management features, you have the Content Collection tab. If your institution has access to the community engagement features, they can create custom tabs and present different tabs to users based on roles.
This video explains how to organize your My Institution tab, and add and remove modules.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about navigating Blackboard Learn.
From the moment you log in, you have access to core features in the menu where your name appears. You can easily return to the menu from wherever you are—even if you're in a course. You'll see the menu peeking from behind the other layers you have open.
When you select any link from the menu, you see a global view of your courses. For example, Grades shows your scores in all courses—you don't have to navigate to each one.
Oh, the places you'll go!
Institution Page: Find information about your institution.
Profile: Make changes to your online persona.
Activity Stream: See up-to-the-minute action for your courses.
Courses: Navigate to past, present, and future courses.
Organizations: Access the organizations you're a member of.
Calendar: View course events and due dates for your courses.
Messages: View and send messages in your courses.
Grades: Check your grades for all courses.
Tools: Access global functions that are outside of a course such as portfolios or the Content Collection.