Student FAQs About Courses in Learn
On this page
Sorry, but Blackboard doesn't have access to your school's Blackboard Learn site and can't help you with specific enrollment issues. Course enrollments are handled differently by each school.
Based on how Blackboard Learn is configured at your school, you might have the ability to hide courses from the My Courses module. Select the gear icon at the top right. On the Personalize: My Courses page, you can choose which courses appear in your My Courses module and Submit. If you're unable to do that, contact the computing help desk at your school for assistance.
Sorry, but Blackboard doesn't have access to your school's Blackboard Learn site and can't help you with specific enrollment issues. Course enrollments are handled differently by each school. Please contact your registrar.
Contact your instructor. Your instructor controls the availability of tests, assignments, and other content. Sometimes your instructor has put conditions on the release of content. For example, you might have to mark a lecture as reviewed before you can access an assignment.
Also, you may want to check that you use a supported internet browser and operating system.
Help! I need more time in my course.
If you need to extend access to your course due to registering late or illness, please contact your instructor. Course enrollments are handled differently by each school. Based on how Blackboard Learn is configured at your school, if your instructor has granted access to a course in a previous term, your course will show on your Courses page under the term it was held.
Unfortunately, the information is probably lost permanently. You'll need to recreate it. If you experience problems during a test and can't continue, contact your instructor immediately. Blackboard doesn't have access to your school's Blackboard Learn site and can't help you with these issues.
You might lose information if any of these occur:
- The internet connection dropped.
- The browser was refreshed.
- Your browser timed out due to inactivity. Blackboard has a security setting that logs you out if it doesn't receive any input for a period of time.
These tips can help you avoid this issue in the future:
- Use a wired connection, if possible, when you take a test. Some wireless internet connections are less reliable.
- Don't refresh the browser page.
- Don't close the browser window.
- Don't use the browser's back button.
- If possible, write out the text in an external application and then paste it into Blackboard Learn. Working offline first ensures that your work won't be lost while you work on it in Blackboard.
- If you're working in assignments, save frequently to avoid browser timeout issues.
If you need to know where an assignment is located and in what format to submit it, contact your instructor.
For instructions on how to submit assignments in Blackboard Learn as well as a list of additional assignment FAQs, see Submit Assignments.
For instructions on how to submit SafeAssignments, see Assignments Using SafeAssign.
For help with Turnitin, see the Turnitin Help Center.
For help with Respondus, see the Respondus Support page.