Short Answer Questions
On this page
Short Answer questions are similar to Essay questions. Student responses aren't limited in length, but the number of rows you set for the text box help students know your expectations. The maximum number of rows is six.
Both Essay questions and Short Answer questions are graded manually.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. From the Create Question menu, select Short Answer.
- Type the Question Text.
- Select the Number of Rows to Display in the Answer Field from the menu. The number of rows is intended as a guideline for student response length. It doesn't impose an absolute limit on answer length.
- Type an example of a correct answer in the Answer Text box.
- Optionally, associate a rubric.
- Select Submit and Create Another or Submit to add the question to the test.