On this page
You can create metadata values for questions to help organize them for future use. You can use the metadata values you create for one question when you create other questions in the same course. On the Find Questions page, use these metadata values to help search for questions to reuse.
You can add these metadata values to questions:
- Levels of Difficulty
The question metadata options are only available if you selected Add categories, topics, levels of difficulty, and keywords to questions in Question Settings.
Example: Question with metadata
You create this True/False question: The capital of Slovenia is Ljubljana.
You apply this metadata to the question:
- Category: Geography
- Topic: Former Yugoslavia
- Levels of Difficulty: Low
- Keywords: World Capitals
This question appears in the active filter on the Find Questions page when you select Geography, Former Yugoslavia, or Low.
- Access a test, survey, or pool. From the Create Question menu, create a new question or select Edit in an existing question's menu.
- The Categories and Keywords section, select Add to add a category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword.
- Type a new category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword in the box and select OK. You can also type multiple items. Separate each with a comma.
- Select Choose from Existing to select an existing category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword. If no choices exist, this option doesn't appear.
- Select Submit.
- Access a question's menu and select Edit.
- To delete a category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword, select the X next to the metadata element.
- Select Add and type a new category, topic, level of difficulty, or keyword in the box and select OK.
- Select Submit.