With Hot Spot questions, students are presented with an image and select a particular area as the answer. Examples of Hot Spot questions include these:
- Anatomy: Locate parts of the body.
- Geography: Locate areas on a map.
- Foreign Language: Select articles of clothing.
Hot Spot questions are graded automatically.
Have the image file ready before you create the question. You can upload the image file from your computer or link to it from Course Files or the Content Collection. Accepted images files include GIF, JIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, and WMF.
Although no limitations exist, consider the size of the image and make adjustments with an image editing application before you upload the file.
Create a Hot Spot question
- Access a test, survey, or pool. From the Create Question menu, select Hot Spot.
- On the Create/Edit Hot Spot Question page, type the question.
- In the Upload Image section, locate the image file. Select Browse My Computer to upload a file from your computer. You can also upload a file from the course's storage repository. If available, type alternative text that describes the image. You won't see the text box if your institution uses an older version of Blackboard Learn.
- Select Next.
- On the next Create/Edit page, the image appears. Press and drag the mouse pointer to create a rectangle over the correct answer. When students select a point within the rectangle, they receive credit for a correct answer. The area of the hot spot is defined by pixels. If needed, select Clear to remove the rectangle and start again.
- Optionally, type feedback for correct and incorrect answers.
- Select Submit and Create Another or Submit to add the question to the test.