The Workflows page displays all of the workflows that you're associated with, either as an initiator or a participant. You can perform these actions:
- Manage workflow subscriptions
- Edit, start, or stop workflows that you've created
- View workflow details
- Add comments to workflows from this page
Select My Workflow Progress in the Collaboration menu to access the Workflows page.
If a user is participating in a workflow that has been scheduled but hasn't reached them yet, then they can't access the workflow details.
To view the workflows you're involved in, select My Workflow Progress in the Collaboration menu. This page contains these functions:
- Delete - Select this option to permanently remove the selected workflow.
- Subscribe - Select this option to subscribe to the selected workflows.
- Display Workflows - Use the display options to refine the list of workflows displayed.
- Name - Displays the name of the workflow.
- Type - Displays the type of workflow: Sent or Received.
- Progress - Displays the progress of the workflow.
- Current Milestone Deadline - Displays the deadline of the current milestone of a particular workflow.
- Status - Displays the Start/Stop button. Users can select Start to begin a workflow instance they have created and Stop to stop it. Workflow instances that have been stopped may be restarted by selecting Start. If you received a workflow, this column shows In Progress.
Looking to edit a model you created? Refer to Create and Edit Workflow Models.
Model Design page
To view all the details of a workflow model, including milestones and actions, select the workflow model's name from the list on the Workflows page. You're brought to the Model Design page.
The Model Design page conveniently displays details of a particular workflow instance. Each milestone is listed on this page and contains detailed information for the actions that make up the milestone. Workflow participants can edit actions within the milestone and add comments.
If you're the workflow owner, you can override an action to complete or fail it. For example, Joe is assigned an action in milestone 1 but he is sick and unable to complete the action. You can use the Approve Action function to move the workflow on to the next milestone.
The Model Design page contains this information and these functions:
- Milestone Expand/Contract - Select the plus/minus icon to expand or collapse the details for that milestone.
- Content Items - You can access each content item associated with a milestone by selecting these links.
- Approve Action - Select this button to approve this action and move the workflow on to the next milestone.
- Fail Action - Select this button to fail this action.
- Edit Action - Select this button to display the Workflow Action page.
- Comments - Select this option to add comments to this action.
- Expand All - Displays the text for each comment in the field below.
- Collapse All - Collapses the text for each comment in the field below.
In the Content Collection, select To Do List in the Collaboration menu. You're brought to the Actions page, which organizes and displays all of the actions associated with the workflows in which you're participating. You can also access the Workflows page on the To Do List by selecting Workflows in the top corner of the window.
Once an action is completed, it is automatically removed from the Actions page. You can still access this workflow (and action) from the Workflows page.
The Actions page contains this information and these functions:
- Display Actions - Use the display options to refine the list of workflows displayed.
- Action Name - Displays the name of the action.
- Action Status - Displays the status for the action.
- Action Deadline - Displays the deadline for the action.
- Workflow Name - Displays the name of the workflow associated with this action.
- Workflow Progress - Displays the completed and remaining work for the workflow.
- Edit - In the action's menu, select this option to display the Workflow Action page.
- Open - In the action's menu, select this option to view the details of the workflow.
To update an action, select Edit in the action's menu on the To Do List page. You can also access through the Edit Action option on the Model Design page.
The Workflow Action page lists all of the details and content items associated with a particular workflow action. In the Update Action section of this page, you can change the status of the action and add comments.
Any user involved in the workflow can add comments to an action. However, only the user who is assigned to an action can edit that action's status.
The Workflow Action page contains these functions:
- Instructions - Displays the instructions for this action.
- Deadline - Displays the deadline for this action.
- Assignee - Displays the name of the user assigned to this action.
- Required - Displays whether or not the action is required.
- Content Items - Displays the links to any content items associated with this action.
- Status - Choose from the list of options to change the status of this action.
- Subject - Enter a subject for the update.
- Comment - Enter a comment related to the status change.
- Status History - Displays the status history of this action. Use Expand All and Collapse All to expand or collapse the history data.
If you want to receive periodic updates for a workflow, you can subscribe to it.
- On the Workflows page, select the check box next to a workflow, and then select Subscribe. You're brought to the Workflow Notifications page, where you can manage notifications.
- Under Notifications, select one of these options:
- I need to complete an action: Receive status notifications regarding actions and milestones that you have to complete.
- Any events occur: Receive all notifications from a workflow, including action and milestone status.
- A workflow completes or fails: Receive notifications only when a workflow is completed or has failed.
- Never: Receive no notifications for the selected workflow.
- Select Submit.
To opt out of all workflow notifications, go to Personal Settings in the Tools menu. Select the Opt out of Workflow Notifications check box and select Submit.