You can find and connect with anyone who has made a profile through a course you're enrolled in or in the greater Blackboard network.
To access the People page, access the menu next to your name in the page header. The My Blackboard menu opens. Select the People icon.
If prompted, you must accept the terms of service and provide an email address before you can use this tool for the first time.
- Expand the list of courses to view users enrolled in your courses or organizations.
- View all of your current classmates who have opted to use profiles. Use the links in the left panel to view specific groups of users.
- Point to a profile to show the profile card.
- In the search box, type a first or last name to search for specific users at other institutions or within your academic networks.
If your institution enabled the enhanced set of social profiles and tools, other functions appear:
- Profile card actions: Follow, block, or message users from their profile cards. If you select Follow, posts and comments from their profile walls are aggregated on your Posts page in My Blackboard.
If a profile card displays only a user's name, profile picture, the field of study, and a portion of the user's description, your institution doesn't have enhanced profiles.
- Cross-institution search and networking: View users in all of your Blackboard courses and organizations across all of your institutions.
- Connections: View who you're following and who's following you. If you selected the option to require requests in your profile settings, the People page alerts you when someone has requested to follow you. You can accept or decline the request.
- My spaces: View users who are connected to the spaces you're associated with.