You can add links to groups in your course so that students can access their groups easily.
Each new course has a default groups link on the course menu. If you deleted the groups link, you can add it again. You can also customize the name of the link.
- Select the Add Menu Item icon above the course menu to access the menu.
- Select Tool Link and type a name.
- From the Type menu, select Groups.
- Select the Available to Users check box if you're ready for students to see it.
- Select Submit.
The new tool link appears at the bottom of the course menu. Press and drag the arrows icon to move the link into a new position. You can drag it to a new location or use the keyboard accessible reordering tool.
You can manually add links to individual groups and sign-up sheets in course areas, such as content areas and folders.
For example, you can set up a content area to include all the content and tools your students need for the week. After they read the weekly lecture and view the slide presentation, students can also access the groups tool to complete the group assignment. Students don't need to navigate anywhere else in your course to complete all of the required activities for the week.
When you add a link to a specific group in a content area, all students will see the link. Any students who aren't members of the group won't be able to access the group homepage.
To add a group link in a course area:
- Access the course area where you want to add a group link, such as the Week 2 content area.
- Select Tools > Groups.
- On the Create Link: Group page, select the type of link: groups page, to a group, or to a group set. If you want to link to a group or group set, select it from the list and select Next.
- On the next Create Link: Group page, type the Link Information to specify how it will appear in the content area. Select the options you need and select Submit.
- The link to the group page will appear in the content area.