On this page
Announcements are an ideal way to post time-sensitive information critical to course success. Add announcements for these types of course activities:
- Due dates for assignments and projects
- Changes to your syllabus
- Corrections/clarifications of materials
- Exam schedules
You can add, edit, and delete announcements from the Announcements page. When you add an announcement, you can also send it as an email to students in your course. Students will receive the announcement even if they don't log into your course.
If you see a list where your name appears, you can access the activity stream. Original Course View announcements appear in the stream. Students see the announcements in the Today or Recent sections of their streams.
Watch a video about announcements
This video explains how to create an announcement in Blackboard Learn.
Announcements appear in the order you post them. The most recent announcement appears first.
- On the Control Panel, go to Course Tools > Announcements.
- Select Create Announcement on the action bar.
- Type a Subject, which appears as the title of the announcement on the Announcements page.
- Type your message.
- In the Web Announcements Options section, choose to restrict the announcement by date or not.
- If you choose Not Date Restricted, the announcement is visible until you remove it.
- If you choose Date Restricted, select the Display After and Display Until check boxes to enable the date and time selections. Provide the date and time restriction settings.
- Select the Email Announcement check box to send students an email containing the announcement. The email is sent to all students, even those who choose not to receive announcement notifications through email. Your institution controls if this option is available.
- Optionally, in the Course Link section, select Browse to link to a course area, tool, or item.
Links to course content won't appear in the email announcement if you choose to send one.
- Select Submit.
On the Announcements page, use the bar to reposition and prioritize your announcements. Drag the bar to reorder announcements to new positions on the page. Move priority announcements above the bar to pin them to the top of the list and prevent new announcements from superseding them.
Students will see announcements in the order you choose. Students don't see the bar and can't reorder announcements.
To edit or delete an announcement, select Edit or Delete in its menu. The delete action is final and irreversible.