On this page
Although this information is written for students, it applies to all users.
You can add tiles to your enhanced profile's cover page.
You can show classmates and employers what you've accomplished in your classes, projects, volunteerships, internships, and work experiences.
You can also add tiles to show your pertinent information such as your institution and major.
You can add competencies to your profile from your cover page or from the Competencies page.
Add competencies to show employers what you know. For example, add some of these competencies:
- Software tools you have proficient knowledge in
- Techniques you've learned
- Team skills
- Certifications for CPR, computer networking, and lifeguard training
- Grading recognition from your institution, such as being on the Dean's List
- Awards from competitions
You can create your own competencies or use those provided by the Occupational Information Network (O*NET)—a free online database that contains occupational definitions.
Type in the Add box to generate a list of competencies.
You can display your knowledge level in each of the competencies you add to your profile. If you're highly proficient in something, let potential employers know!
When you create a competency, identify where you learned or practiced the skill. Choose a work experience or project to associate it with. Select a competency tile at any time to add additional work experience and projects. You can also add competencies when you create or edit a work experience or project.
Each time you associate a competency to work experience and projects, the skill level increases. Competency levels range from learning to advanced in.
To delete a competency, select it and then select the X. When you delete a competency, you remove the entry and associations with work experience and projects.
Add project activity to your profile from your cover page or from the Projects page. You need to provide this information:
- Project Name: The name of the project you worked on
- Description: A description of the project and what you did
- Links to project images and videos: Show a video or a collection of images. MyEdu can display videos from YouTube™ and Vimeo, and images from Flickr and SlideShare. You can link to only one, so choose the one that best highlights the project.
- Project Type: Includes academic, extracurricular, job, internship, personal, and volunteer
- Competencies: A list of competencies you developed while you worked on this project, added individually
The project and competencies are added to the Project and cover pages. The latest project entry appears first.
Select Edit next to each entry to edit or delete it. When you delete a project, you remove the entry and associations with competencies.
Add work experience to your profile from your cover page or from the Work Experience page. You need to provide this information:
- Company: The name of the company you worked for
- Job Title: Your job title
- Start and End Dates: When you started and finished with the company
- Job Location: Where the job was located
- Description: Your job description
- Competencies: A list of competencies you developed while working at this job, added individually
Your work experience is added to the Work Experience and cover pages. The latest work experience entry appears first.
Select Edit next to each entry to edit or delete it. When you delete work experience, you remove the entry and associations with competencies.
- Add tiles from the Tile Library, located after your tile collection.
- Select a tile to edit the information that displays.
- On your cover page, tiles are automatically arranged in the order you created them. Select Arrange Tiles to move your tiles.
- Delete the tiles you no longer need.
- To move a tile to another location, press and drag the tile to the new location.
- To delete a tile, select the X that appears in the upper-right corner. You must select Arrange Tiles to delete tiles. Not all tile types can be deleted.
Your tiles appear on your profile card. You can use the profile card to preview how your profile appears to others.
Select from the available tile types in the library. You can add some tiles only once, and you can add some multiple times.
|Name||Can be added only once||Can add multiple tiles||Can delete||View as own page|
|Competencies||Yes||You can delete the tile from the cover page, but the information still appears on the Competencies page. You must delete the information from the Competencies page to delete it entirely.||Select Competencies below your avatar to view your competency and skill tiles as its own page.|
If you have existing courses from MyEdu, your information persists on the cover page, but you aren't able to add or edit them.
|Degree Type||Yes||You can change the tile information, but you can't delete it.|
|Degree Progress||Yes||You can change the tile information, but you can't delete it.|
|Institution||Yes||You can change the tile information, but you can't delete it.|
|Major and GPA||Yes||You can change the tile information, but you can't delete it.|
|Projects||Yes||You can delete the tile from the cover page, but the information still appears on the Projects page. You must delete the information from the Projects page to delete it entirely.||Select Projects below your avatar to view your project tiles as its own page.|
|School and graduation date|
With the enhanced profile, Facebook and Twitter aren't integrated with your profile, but are shared with others with the Social Networks tile.
|Work Experience||Yes||You can delete the tile from the cover page, but the information still appears on the Work Experience page. You must delete the information from the Work Experience page to delete it entirely.||Select Work Experience below your avatar to view your work experience tiles as its own page.|
|Work Location Preference||Yes||Yes|