Find Your Courses
On this page
If your institution has the Ultra experience, you may be allowed to have a mix of courses in the Ultra Course View and the Original Course View. Choose the course view that works best for each of your courses. Both course views appear seamlessly in your course list.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about the courses list.
The Courses tab contains a list of the courses you're enrolled in or teaching. Your institution can rename any of the tabs.
- Course Search: Students can search for a course, and if allowed, preview the course. Type a keyword or text string in the box, select Go. The results appear on the Browse Course Catalog page.
- Course List: From the list, you can access any course you're enrolled in or teaching.
- Course Catalog: You can search the catalog for courses or organizations. Select a category link or select Browse Course Catalog to begin your search.
If your institution has access to the community engagement features, the organization catalog lists all organizations in categories, such as organization type or semester availability.
Guests are able to browse the catalog and preview courses. Guests don't have access to the entire course. Instructors control if users are allowed to preview a course before enrollment.
Your institution may use a different catalog or no catalog at all.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about the course catalog.
You can search for courses or organizations with a keyword or a specific category. The links in the catalog display instructor information and an optional course description.
Select View Course Catalog on the gateway page. Or, log in and open the Courses tab or the Community tab to browse the listings.
- Search Catalog: Use the menus to limit the search.
- Go: Search for a course.
- View Textbooks: Select to open a new window and view textbooks for a course.
You use the same steps to hide a course from the Courses tab or from the My Courses module on the My Institution tab.
- Select the Manage icon that appears when you point to the module.
- On the Personalize: My Courses page, locate the row for the course you want to hide and clear the check box in the Course Name column.
- Be sure all check marks are cleared in that course's row.
- Repeat for any courses you want to hide.
- Select Submit.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about the courses tab.
View your courses in a timeline. Easily navigate to past, present, and future courses.
From the list where your name appears, your course list is available wherever you are in the system. You can return to previous courses to review content, reuse material, and prepare your future courses.
Your institution controls the page you visit first after you log in.
On the Courses page, you can access all of your courses, no matter which course view they're delivered in. The Ultra Course View and the Original Course View appear seamlessly in the list. The Original Course View now appears with a new design, and any previous themes or color selections are overridden.
Each course card lists the course title, instructor, and course ID. If your course has multiple instructors, select View all for a list.
Point to a course card menu to access management settings. Select the lock icon to change if your course is open and ready for students or remains private while you work on it. Select the Course Description icon to read a description. If this icon doesn't appear, your course doesn't have a description.
Filter or search your list. Use the Filter menu to modify your view of the page. Your filtered list stays as you access courses. If you navigate to another page, all courses show again. The search function finds courses on the current page that match your search term.
Browse by term. Move between past, current, and upcoming courses. If you teach a lot of courses, you can choose how many appear on each page.
View your favorites quickly. If you access a course frequently, you can select the star icon to add it to your favorites so it appears at the top of your course list. No more scrolling! You can select the star icon again to remove a course from your favorites when you're done working in it often.
Hide a course. Point to a course card menu and select Hide Course. Activity for hidden courses no longer appears in the global pages about all your courses, such as Grades. Only instructors have the option to hide courses.
Show a hidden course. Filter the list by Hidden from me > point to a course card menu > select Show course.
Manage your courses. You can set your courses to these states:
- Open: You can open a course when you're ready for students to participate.
- Private: You can make a course private while you add or experiment with content, and then open it to students when you're ready. Students see private courses in their course lists, but they can't access them. Private courses appear with a gray instructor image and a diagonal line.
You can't make a course private during an active term. If a user needs access to a private course, contact your administrator about a course's settings.
- Complete: You can choose to set your course to Complete when the course has ended, but you can no longer make changes to it. Students can access the content, but they can't participate in the course any longer. For example, they can't reply to discussions or submit assignments. You can return the course to Open or Private as you want. However, if a course has an end date, and the end date passes, then students can't access the course any longer. So, if you complete a course and open it again after the end date, students can't access it. Complete applies to the Ultra Course View only.
- Hide: You can choose to hide a course from your course list to organize your view.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about the course catalog.
Your institution controls which tools are available. Only courses in the Original Course View appear in the Course Catalog.
You can use the course catalog to browse the courses offered at your institution. You can find the Course Catalog link on the Courses page.
In the catalog, you can search for courses based on these fields:
- Course ID
- Course Name
- Course Description
- Course Instructor
- Course Term
After you select the field type, type a search term or phrase. By default, the search looks for any course that contains your search term. You can change this operation to search courses that equal or start with your search term instead. You can also select Not blank to see the full list of available courses.
Select Go to start your search. If your list of results is too long, you can refine the results using the Creation Date filter. Choose a date and whether the course you're looking for was created before or after that date.