Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Ultra" help about sending email.
In the Original Course View, you can access email from the Tools page or from a link on the course menu.
- On the course menu, select Tools.
- On the Tools page, select Send Email.
- On the Select Users or Select Groups page, select the recipients in the Available to Select box and select the right-pointing arrow to move them into the Selected box. A back arrow is available to move a user out of the recipient list. Select Invert Selection and the selected users are no longer highlighted and those users that weren't selected will be highlighted.
For Windows, to select multiple users in a list, press the Shift key and select the first and last users. To select users out of sequence, press the Ctrl key and select each user needed. For Macs, use the Command key instead of the Ctrl key. You can also use the Select All function to send an email to all users.
- Type your Subject and Message. A copy of the message is sent to the sender. A receipt page appears after the message is sent that lists all the recipients.
- Select Attach a File to browse for files from your computer. You can attach multiple files. After you add one file, the option to attach another file appears.
- Select Submit.
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Your institution controls which tools are available. You won't be able to control these settings if your institution uses an older version of Blackboard Learn.
When you enable the Email tool in your course, you can control which sender options are available to students.
In the menu next to Email on the Tool Availability page, select Email Settings. You can decide whether students have the ability to email certain groups of users in your course, such as instructors, teaching assistants, or course groups. Use these settings to help prevent email misuse in your course.
The course email tool is a send-only tool in the Original Course View. That means you receive emails from Blackboard in your external email program, such as Gmail or Yahoo, not in Blackboard itself. You can send messages directly from your course to others users' external email accounts. Email replies also go to the external email account.
- How do I make my email address visible? Your email address isn't visible unless you choose to make it visible to course members. To change this setting, visit the My Blackboard menu > Settings > Personal Information > Set Privacy Options.
- Can I change my external email address? You can change your email address used in your courses. Go to the My Blackboard menu > Settings > Personal Information > Edit Personal Information. Then, type your preferred email address and select Submit.
- Why was my email not delivered?
- Blackboard Learn will NOT recognize files or email addresses with spaces or special characters, such as #, &, %, and $. Use only letters and numbers in file names and addresses.
- Don't send email through Blackboard without a subject line. If the subject line is blank, the message might not be delivered correctly.
- Is there a record of my email? The Original Course View doesn't keep a record of emails in Blackboard. When you receive or send an email, the email will appear in the inbox of your external email client. Keep a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
Doesn't seem familiar? Jump to the "Original" help about sending email.
In the Ultra Course View, you can send a copy of a course message to the recipient's email inbox. To send a copy of your message via email, select Send an email copy to recipients when you compose and send your message. All recipients receive an email copy of the message.