Release Notes for Blackboard Drive 1.7
On this page
Original Launch: May 7, 2014
Requirements: Blackboard Learn 9.1 Service Pack (SP) 4 and later with a content management license.
Clients who license the Blackboard Learn Content Management module and are running Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 4 (9.1.40071.3) or later versions can begin using Blackboard Drive immediately. To have the best user experience and have the Easy Edit with Blackboard Drive functionality, clients should be running Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 6 (9.1.60230.0) or later.
Supported Operating Systems
Blackboard Drive for Windows (1.7.16730) is supported on the following Windows platforms:
- The 32-bit installer (BlackboardDrive-x86_1.7.16695_setup.exe) supports the 32-bit versions of 'Windows XP', 'Windows Vista', 'Windows 7', 'Windows 8' and 'Windows 8.1' OS.
- The 64-bit installer (BlackboardDrive-x64_1.7.16695_setup.exe) supports the 64-bit versions of 'Windows Vista', 'Windows 7', 'Windows 8' and 'Windows 8.1' OS.
Directory Listing Performance Improvement
- To respond to performance issues reported in this area, we have e-factored the directory listing updates in version 1.7.
- The directory listing updates are controlled by the Sharing Level setting of given volume. It can be adjusted under volume configuration in the Advance Options section. Each Sharing Level groups several configuration parameter values into simple one-click selection. Just two configuration values affect behavior of directory listing updates: cachedListings and refreshTimeout.
- We believe that cachedListings should be set to true to provide a good user experience.
Notifications for Files in Use
We have added the possibility to notify users trying to open a locked file with the name of the lock owner. The foreign lock notification windows can be turned on/off in the mass configuration using the new LockPolicy option which values are:
- ALLOW - open the file normally, the file is just read only.
- WARNING - open the file normally, but display notification window that the file is locked.
- DENY - the file cannot be opened and a notification window is displayed
The default value for this option is WARNING.
To improve the communication with our Support team and to simplify the collection and transfer of the necessary logs when reporting an issue with Blackboard Drive, a 'Send Logs' button has been added to the Preference tab of Blackboard Drive UI. By clicking this button, all the logs needed for troubleshooting an issue will be collected, zipped and uploaded directly on Blackboard Support Web File Server.
Versioning for Multiple Files
Users are now able to enable/disable versioning on multiple files with a single click. When enabling/disabling versioning takes longer than the defined time (1s) progress, a progress dialog displays. The progress dialog also allows users to cancel the operation. Other version-related commands can be applied on only one file.
- Password Protected Passes: A new mass configuration parameter PasswordProtected allows to enforce the passes created from the Drive to be password protected.
- Hide/Show context menu items: New mass configuration parameters allows to hide or show the Drive items in the Explorer context menu.
- Starting Drive in the background: Blackboard Drive now opens in the background when starting Windows.
How to Download and Install Bb Drive 1.7
Clients licensing the Content Management module should submit a ticket with Blackboard Client Support to request Blackboard Drive. More details are available on a dedicated site on Behind the Blackboard.