You can set where messages will be sent based on the type of message.
Set delivery preferences
- From the Blackboard Communications HQ interface menu, select Settings > Global Settings.
- Select the Delivery Preferences link.
- Set the preferences for each of the delivery methods:
- Check all the message types that will be sent to the delivery method. Examples include Emergency, Attendance, Balance, Survey, and Other.
- Check the Required line if the category must be sent to the delivery method.
- Check the Fallback line if you want to ensure a backup phone number, SMS line, or email address is used when the first does not reach the individual.
Check out the Setting Up Delivery Preferences video.
- To add more communication type, select the Add a Label icon next to a specific label.
Use this feature to add primary phone numbers, work numbers, or mobile numbers.
- Type the New label for phone/SMS/email.
- Select Add.
- Set the preferences for the new communication type in each category.
- Select Save when finished.