Browsers using Flash® include the following.
- Firefox® 48 and lower
- Internet Explorer®
Application sharing issues
Application sharing is not available in browsers supported using Flash. If you want to share an application, use ChromeTM or Firefox with WebRTC.
Audio and video issues
If you are having issues with your audio or video, please check the following:
- Check that the browser has permission to access your camera and microphone.
- Check that the audio or video controls are enabled. A line through the icons means that a device is not enabled.
If you are still having issues, set camera and microphone settings by site in your device control panel.
- On Windows® open your Control Panel. On Mac® open your System Preferences.
- Select the Flash® player.
- Select Camera and Mic.
- Select Camera and Microphone Settings by Site.
- Select Add and type the Collaborate domain.
You can find the domain in your browser URL field between "https://" and "/collab/ui/...". It will look something like "us.bbcollab.com".
- Select Allow and Add.
When you add this domain to the Flash player settings you're allowing any collaborate application running on that domain access to your microphone and camera.
If you are having issues with setting up your audio and video with JAWS, use your ChromeTM browser to set it up.
Use the Tab key or VoiceOver cursor navigation keys to focus the Share Audio button. Press space to activate it. VoiceOver should announce that audio is shared.
If you are having issues with setting up your audio and view with VoiceOver, follow these steps:
- Find the “My Settings” toggle button and press Spacebar to select it.
- Find the “Audio and Video Settings” tab and press VO + Spacebar on it to select it.
- Tab to and press Spacebar on the “Set Up My Camera and Microphone” button.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the microphone you want to use.
- VoiceOver announces "You sound great!" when Collaborate is receiving your audio. Press the Arrow keys to move to "Yes, it's working" and press Enter.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the camera you want to use.
- VoiceOver announces "You look great!" when Collaborate is receiving your video. Press the Arrow keys to move to "Yes, it's working" and press Enter.
- Press VO + Spacebar on the “Close” button to close the dialog.
Search the Knowledge Base (available in English only)
Submit a case on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only)