How do I know when there are new chat comments?
Collaborate uses notifications to let you know what's happening in your session. These notifications tell you when there are new chat comments.
- The Collaborate pop-up notification stays on the screen for a few seconds then disappears. It tells you if you have a new chat message, if there are more than one, and what chat channel the comment is in.
- The audio notifications sounds like a thunk.
- The browser pop-up notification, appears when you have another browser window, or application, open and active. Close the pop-up and return to the session to see the chat message.
If you have the chat panel open, you'll see a new comment alert.
You can also see when someone is typing in chat. Open the Chat panel and see if someone is about to ask a question or make a comment.
One person is typing
Several people are typing
The emoji pack for Collaborate with the Ultra experience supports diversified emojis and Unicode 8 characters.
Use one of five supported skin tones on any human emoji. Add underscore, tone, and the supported tone number (1 through 5) to your emoji when typing. Don't forget the colons on either end of your emoji text.
Use the keyboard controls at the top of the Chat panel to move between messages. The keyboard controls are only available after messages have been posted in Chat and are only available with keyboard navigation.
- From the text entry field in the Chat panel press Shift + Tab to open the keyboard controls. Or from the Chat with menu at the top of the panel press Tab.
- By default, the focus is on the Next chat message control. Press Shift + Tab to find the Previous chat message and First chat message controls. Press Tab to find the Last chat message control. Collaborate's chat history only has 50 messages displayed at any given time.
- Press Space Bar to activate the control and listen to the message.
- Press Tab to move through the controls and return to the chat text entry field.
Chat messages in recordings
If a session is being recorded, chat messages in the Everyone channel are being recorded as well. Private messages and chat messages in breakout groups are not recorded.
Chat privately with anybody else in your session.
By default you see the Everyone chat when you first open Chat. Select Previous Panel by the Everyone heading. Then just type the name of the person you want to chat with and start chatting.
Be careful what you say in your private chats! Moderators may supervise private chats between participants to monitor for inappropriate language or bullying. There is a warning when moderators are supervising.
Moderators can limit who participants chat privately with. Moderators can choose to allow participants to only chat privately with moderators.
Moderators also have their own private chat already created for them. Participants won't see the Moderators chat channel.
If moderators want to supervise private chat, the option must be selected BEFORE the session starts. See Session Settings for more on settings you can set before and during a session.
Only the Everyone chat is included in session recordings.
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Private Chat shows you private chat in action.