If you are having issues with your audio or video, please check your session and browser settings.
- Are the audio or video controls on? A line through the icons means that a device is not enabled.
- Are you using the latest version of Chrome? Update your browser.
- Does the browser have permission to access your camera and microphone?
- Select the audio/video icon in the URL bar to check the default audio and video settings. From the pop-up window, you can change devices or step through your device setup again to set the default devices. You may need to refresh the page for the change to take effect.
- If you are using macOS X 10.14 and higher, open your computer System Preferences and select Security & Privacy. Select Privacy. Make sure your browser is a selected app for both the Camera and Microphone.
- Open Chrome Preferences, select Advanced and Site Settings. Select Camera or Microphone. Make sure the session is in the Allow list.
- Select the View site information icon to the left of the URL to view site information and see if anything is blocked.
If you are having issues with setting up your audio and video with JAWS, follow these steps:
- From a Collaborate session, press Tab to focus on the Share Audio button. If "Share Audio toggle button pressed, sharing audio" is not announced, you are not sharing audio.
- Disable and re-enable the JAWS virtual cursor. You can now use arrow keys to navigate Collaborate.
- Press the Down arrow to move through the controls and errors. You should hear a notice that the browser has blocked access to your camera and microphone.
- Press the Down arrow until JAWS lands on "Cancel Tech Check".
- Press Enter to exit the tech check.
- Move JAWS focus to the browser address bar.
- Press Tab to move to the indicator that states microphone and camera are blocked and press Enter.
- Press Tab to move to the Allow/block access radio buttons.
- Press the Down arrow to move to the Allow radio button and press Space.
- Press Tab to move to the Done button and press Enter.
- Move JAWS focus to the Collaborate window.
- Press Tab to move to My Settings and press Enter.
- Press Tab to move to Set up your camera and microphone and press Enter.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the microphone you want to use.
- JAWS announces "You sound great!" when Collaborate is receiving your audio. Press Tab to move to Yes, it's working and press Enter.
- Press the Up and Down arrows to select the camera you want to use.
- JAWS announces "You look great!" when Collaborate is receiving your video. Press Tab to move to Yes, it's working and press Enter.
- Press Tab to move to Close settings. Press Enter.
If you see the message that Application sharing is starting, but the screen does not actually start sharing, stop and restart application sharing.
If you continue to have issues and you are using a version older than Chrome 72, uninstall and reinstall the Desktop Sharing extension in Chrome:
- From Chrome Settings, access the Extensions.
- Clear the Enable option in the Desktop Sharing 1.1 WebRTC extension, and then delete the extension.
- Go to the Collaborate Desktop Sharing extension page.
- Add the extension.
- Start application sharing in Collaborate.
- If you see Application sharing is starting but your screen is still not shared, stop and restart application sharing.
Browser notification issues
If you are having issues with your browser notifications, please check your session and browser settings.
- Are browser notifications turned on in the session? Go to My Settings. Expand Notifications Settings and select Browser pop-up notification. Select Allow in the browser pop-up. Select Browser pop-up notification again, if you don't see a green check mark.
- Does the browser have permission to send notifications?
- Select the View site information icon in the URL bar to check permissions. Select Allow from the Notifications menu. You may need to refresh the page for the change to take effect.
- Open Chrome Preferences, select Advanced and Site Settings. Select Notifications. Make sure the session is in the Allow list.
Search the Knowledge Base (available in English only)
Submit a case on Behind the Blackboard (available in English only)